The M23 Jaywalker

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Feel sorry for the lady driving that's all.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
All my sympathies are with the lady driver of the car, anybody else who witnessed it, anybody else who had anything to do with it, including the other man who was arrested, and the family of the young man who died.

As for "could it have been handled better?", he didn't have to steal the car in the first place, he didn't have to crash it, he didn't have to run off afterwards, and he didn't have to try and spring aross both carriages of a Motorway without stopping.

As for the police, we don't know enough about what they did to be able to comment, but I can't help thinking that, in some people's eyes, they are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
All my sympathies are with the lady driver of the car, anybody else who witnessed it, anybody else who had anything to do with it, including the other man who was arrested, and the family of the young man who died.

*For the sake of accuracy, he's not dead at the time of writing.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Says in the Argus that he was trying to escape from Police. He stole a car had a bad crash in East Grinstead then drove off, parked near the motorway and tried to run across it to escape capture. Do you think this could have been handled better?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11000244.Drivers_tell_of_M23_police_chase_horror/

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...d-northbound-at-the-moment&highlight=balcombe
Hardly a " Jaywalker " instead a suspect injured fleeing from the police. I won't have this American nonsense on here.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Seems odd that they dumped the car in Crawley and he safely crossed the southbound carriageway and was hit crossing the northbound side. If you go through the fields from Crawley the first carriageway you get to is the northbound one. Unless he had already run over a bridge or crossed the motorway once before and was coming back again?!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bloody police chasing criminals. What were they thinking?

Is it worth risking lives to catch a joyrider though? I expect most joyriders get community service anyway.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A few years ago a street drinker walked out in front of me on a pelican crossing while the lights were green, and damaged my bumper, bonnet and broke the screen :ohmy: I didn't have the heart to ask if he had PLI as they were carting him away in an ambulance :rolleyes:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is it worth risking lives to catch a joyrider though? I expect most joyriders get community service anyway.

Nah,you are right.Let them get on with it.Let them belt it around the roads.......i mean what could possibly go wrong?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Fleeing from police and joyriding are totally different things. The guy obviously wanted to evade capture for some reason - which hints that they may well be wanted, not to mention he failed to stop at a crash which might have injured people, then probably drove erratically away from police, again potentially injuring other people - think thats enough reason for the police to chase them.

If you dont want police to risk lives capturing criminals, then you may as well not bother attempting to arrest anyone as there is usually always a risk.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I daresay the facts of this incident will emerge in time, then perhaps you can make your judgements based on them, rather than an Argus report.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Says in the Argus that he was trying to escape from Police. He stole a car had a bad crash in East Grinstead then drove off, parked near the motorway and tried to run across it to escape capture. Do you think this could have been handled better?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11000244.Drivers_tell_of_M23_police_chase_horror/

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...d-northbound-at-the-moment&highlight=balcombe

The guy trying to run away could certainly have handled it better from reading the above. Poor woman driving is all I can say.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I daresay the facts of this incident will emerge in time, then perhaps you can make your judgements based on them, rather than an Argus report.

Feel free to point out any judgement I made..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here