Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Leeds Utd *** Official Match Thread ***

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Brighton and Hove Albion v Leeds United

Brighton could welcome back midfielders Will Buckley and Jake Forster-Caskey to the squad for the visit of Leeds.
However, Keith Andrews (hamstring), Andrew Crofts (knee) and strikers Will Hoskins (knee) and Craig Mackail-Smith (Achilles) remain sidelined.
Leeds striker Noel Hunt was named on the bench on their last outing and could be involved after recovering from a long-term hamstring injury.
Otherwise manager Brian McDermott has no fresh injury or suspension concerns.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head

• Leeds won the earlier meeting this season 2-1 at Elland Road in August. It was their first win against Brighton in six meetings.
• Leeds are unbeaten in the last five meetings at Brighton, winning three. Brighton's last home win was 2-1 in the Championship in January 2006.

Brighton

• Brighton's 1-0 home win against Doncaster on Saturday was their first win in four league games.
• The Seagulls have conceded 25 league goals so far this season. Only QPR and Burnley have conceded fewer in the Championship.
• Brighton are unbeaten in their last six home games in all competitions, winning four.

Leeds

• Leeds have won their last two games, after winning none of their previous eight in all competitions.
• They have not kept a clean sheet in their last nine games in all competitions.
• Leeds' 2-1 win at Yeovil on Saturday was their first away win in five games in all competitions.

Officials:

Referee: DARREN DEADMAN
Referee's Asistant's: Darren Blunden and Dean Treleaven
Fourth Official: Charles Breakspear

Attachments

• seagulls.jpg
    seagulls.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1,318
  • leeds.jpg
    leeds.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,297
Last edited by a moderator:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I have no idea why 3 *spit* dirty Leeds badges are in the post.. I cant edit it to remove the filth... Mod can you remove them for me?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I think it's a necklace. We're into uncharted territory here with a badge three times - looking forward to seeing how it affects the match. Otherwise, fairly neat and tidy. If you're using an ampersand, I think you're right to use the contraction "Utd". I agree a full stop after the Utd to denote the contraction has now become obsolete. Good apostrophisation on Leeds' - were you tempted by Leeds's? "Asistant's" needs a lot of work though, and no need for the colon after "Officials". Other than that, pretty consistent - 8.6/10.0. I think we'll draw, but, having seen this thread, I've upgraded our share of possession from 56% to 59%.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I think it's a necklace. We're into uncharted territory here with a badge three times - looking forward to seeing how it affects the match. Otherwise, fairly neat and tidy. If you're using an ampersand, I think you're right to use the contraction "Utd". I agree a full stop after the Utd to denote the contraction has now become obsolete. Good apostrophisation on Leeds' - were you tempted by Leeds's? "Asistant's" needs a lot of work though, and no need for the colon after "Officials". Other than that, pretty consistent - 8.6/10.0. I think we'll draw, but, having seen this thread, I've upgraded our share of possession from 56% to 59%.

:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Splendid analysis.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fourth Official: Charles Breakspear

He sounds quite posh doesn't he?

"I say Oscar, do be a good chap and sit down. No Mister McDermott, I don't think that language is appropriate."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Form guide:

LEEDS
last 10 games: WDDLLLLDWW
last 6 games: W2 D1 L3 F9 A12 CS0 PTS 7

BRIGHTON
last 10 games: WDLWDWLDLW
last 6 games: W2 D2 L2 F3 A4 CS3 PTS 8

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have no idea why 3 *spit* dirty Leeds badges are in the post.. I cant edit it to remove the filth... Mod can you remove them for me?

With pleasure, but I fear we will now lose. You are a disgrace :)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Thanks, you have made my morning lol.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Form guide:

LEEDS
last 10 games: WDDLLLLDWW
last 6 games: W2 D1 L3 F9 A12 CS0 PTS 7
BRIGHTON
last 10 games: WDLWDWLDLW
last 6 games: W2 D2 L2 F3 A4 CS3 PTS 8

Amazing only 7 goals in total in our last 6 games compared to Leeds' 21.....!

Something has to give tonight I reckon.
4-4

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Absolutely tremendous work.

On this day in 2002, we beat Reading 3-1 in one of our BEST midweek performances. I fully expect the same result today

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
When was the last time we won two games together? Certainly appears to be some time ago! Hopefully that'll change tonight!

Expected team tonight:

PIG

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward

Stephens
Ince
Orlandi

D-Rod
Ulloa
Lua Lua