Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand

L

litmanen

Hi, and greetings from a finnish football fan.

Brighton is one of my favourite teams (i admit that i have others too), and i have noticed that the visitor team fans travelling to the Amex Stadium are always placed to the left corner of the South Stand, and it means that everytime Brighton scores next to the South Stand you can't see any Brighton-fans celebrate from the TV....you only see the visitor fans in the background.

Of course this is not the most important thing in the world, but i just can't understand why visitor fans couldn't be placed to the right corner, so that we could always see Brighton-fans celebrate, no matter which end they score at.

Do you know where i could redirect this message to? Who is the person who decides these things? I mean, wouldn't it be nice to have this thing changed for next season at least? Like i said, obviously this is not the number one priority when planning for the next season, but still.

Btw, i really hope that Brighton wins tomorrow.

Last edited:

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Fishing??

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Hi, and greetings from a finnish football fan.

Brighton is one of my favourite teams (i admit that i have others too), and i have noticed that the visitor team fans travelling to the Amex Stadium are always placed to the left corner of the South Stand, and it means that everytime Brighton scores next to the South Stand you can't see any Brighton-fans celebrate from the TV....you only see the visitor fans in the background.

Of course this is not the most important thing in the world, but i just can't understand why visitor fans couldn't be placed to the right corner, so that we could always see Brighton-fans celebrate, no matter which end they score at.

Do you know where i could redirect this message to? Who is the person who decides these things? I mean, wouldn't it be nice to have this thing changed for next season at least? Like i said, obviously this is not the number one priority when planning for the next season, but still.

Btw, i really hope that Brighton wins tomorrow.

:bhasign:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be cheaper to move the camera than reconfigure the away concourses ???

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Gotta say I do agree. Being an overseas fan (nowadays) means I can only watch games on the internet. And with the placement of the cameras that S/E corner is very promminent and often quite empty!
Always wondered why they didn't place the main cameras in the East stand - then the world would see our magnifficent West stand. [and our fans celebrating in packed corners!]

L

litmanen

Nice to see that you agree with me. But i guess nobody knows the e-mail adress of the person who is responsible of these things?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Nice to see that you agree with me. But i guess nobody knows the e-mail adress of the person who is responsible of these things?

Put your question on the 'ask the club' section on here.

L

litmanen

I had a private message discussion with "Insider" and he promised to pass the suggestion further. May not lead to any changes, but let's hope so at least.

Btw, Brighton usually attacks towards the South Stand during first half, and during the "more important" second half they get to score in front of the North Stand and all the Brighton-fans, but against Doncaster it was the other way around. Does anyone know why? Hopefully it was just a rare exception.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I had a private message discussion with "Insider" and he promised to pass the suggestion further. May not lead to any changes, but let's hope so at least.

Btw, Brighton usually attacks towards the South Stand during first half, and during the "more important" second half they get to score in front of the North Stand and all the Brighton-fans, but against Doncaster it was the other way around. Does anyone know why? Hopefully it was just a rare exception.

We did it once against Huddersfield last year and then had a bit of a spell doing it early on this season but haven't done it since until against Donny

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

We did it once against Huddersfield last year and then had a bit of a spell doing it early on this season but haven't done it since until against Donny

Isn't it down to who wins the toss? If so I'd guess most cpatains would choose to be shooting towards their own fans in the 2nd half of a game, but occasionally there might be a captain who has other ideas.

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham

I imagine Doncaster won the coin toss and wanted us to attack the opposite end in the second half from the where more signing etc goes on. I know away teams do this at Liverpool when they win the toss so they're not attacking the Kop second half.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Doncaster won the toss and chose to switch ends..

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

When I was captain of a park side years ago, the winner of the toss could either have first choice of ends OR kick-off first. If they choose to kick-off first, the other captain had choice of ends. I presume this is still the case even for pro football?

In park football, choice of ends was influenced by wind / rain / sun [in eyes] direction and slope of pitch, none of which usually has any / much impact in an enclosed pro stadium. Probably more important where your supporting fans are? i.e Liverpool like to attack the kop end I believe ....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
When I was captain of a park side years ago, the winner of the toss could either have first choice of ends OR kick-off first. If they choose to kick-off first, the other captain had choice of ends. I presume this is still the case even for pro football?

In park football, choice of ends was influenced by wind / rain / sun [in eyes] direction and slope of pitch, none of which usually has any / much impact in an enclosed stadium. Probably more important when your supporting fans are? i.e Liverpool like to attack the kop end ....

Away team call at a coin toss, and whoever wins, chooses their end.

The team that loses kicks off first.

L

litmanen

Away team call at a coin toss, and whoever wins, chooses their end.

The team that loses kicks off first.

Of course, but i don't see any reason why Doncaster would wan't to attack against the North Stand during second half.

But i guess it was just a rare exception, so no worries.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here