UK Comedy Cup - Group G

Group G

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Group G Strong group in my opinion. Remember TWO go through, vote tactically if needed.

The Office

the_office_1780337i.jpg

No real intro needed - surely everyone knows what this is about by now? The Christmas Special transcended pure comedy and delivered one of the best dramatic TV episodes of the past 15 years.

One Foot In The Grave

onefoo2.jpg

Very popular with certain NSCers, be interesting to see how far it gets. Old fella has bad things happen to him, then says his catchphrase.

Bottom

bottom_1_396x222.jpg

Again will have it's fans, probably a fair bit of support from The Young Ones followers.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

marenghi.jpg

A relative minnow in this competition, but a very clever, funny comedy series - a spoof 80s horror series wrapped up within a mockumentary about it's creation.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I nominated OFITG but voting Bottom, miles better than The Young Ones for me. Never heard of the Garth Marenghi one.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Close call here between The Office and One Foot In The Grave. One Foot In The Grave was a very clever comedy with some great moments of surrealism, whereas The Office was the forerunner to a lot of the modern 'cringe' comedies, some of which are better than others. By a short head, I'll give it to The Office.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My word. One Foot In The Grave is LAST.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
No disrespect to the others, But The Office should win this group without to much problem. In fact I don't think any of the other sitcoms would fancy a head to head with The Office in the next round. Should be one of the favourites for the final and rightly so.

Saying that, also love Bottom, so in this group Bottom gets my vote, but if it was a head to head, The Office would get my vote.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Voted the office,

Never even heard of ''Garth Marenghi's Darkplace''

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Voted Bottom seeing as Mr Jolly Lives Next Door not on the list nor Filthy Rich & Catflap.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Office by MILES in this group.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
...and to think I had people telling me One Foot...had to be in the competition because it was one of the favourites to win it! Not looking too clever at the moment, that...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:bounce: Any last votes?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I went to school with Garth Marenghi! We wrote sketches together in drama. Suffice is to say he is far funnier, more intelligent and successful than me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One Foot...is about to be Both Feet Out Of The Competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here