UK Comedy Cup - Group F

Group F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Remember: TWO comedies go through from each group, so vote tactically if required.

Group F

Only Fools & Horses

Television-Only-Fo_2123000b.jpg

Don't underestimate this one for even a second. A LOT of fans on here and definitely a contender. On the negative side it ran for a long time so quality was variable, and many feel the ending was a big mistake.

Red Dwarf

reddwarf460.jpg

A geek's dream, the sci-fi sitcom. Weakened by it's later series.

Extras

587236.jpg

A strong series from Gervais & Merchant, including a very good Christmas Special, and a superb vehicle for the likes of Barry from Eastenders, Les Dennis and Keith Chegwin.

Gavin & Stacey

gavin_and_stacey_1.jpg

Similar to The Royle Family, this is a show with a lot of heart and a mixture of broad and more subtle comedy. Rob Brydon's character Glyn is phenomenal.

D

Deleted member 18477

Only fools and horses and Gavin and Stacey in the same group? Man!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Extras for me in this one, hopefully G&S will get second and OFAH fails to qualify (not likely, I know) :D

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
*Rob Brydon's character is called Bryn, not Glyn. Stupid tired me.

nipponseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Group F is the group of death for me - I mean Red Dwarf, Gav & Stac and OFAH grouped together ??!! Love them all, but there can be only one - so OFAH.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
OF&H. I grew up with it and it made me laugh. Couldn't vote for any others despite liking the whole group.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Seriously you people need to start backing Gavin Stacey. If you've watched it nothing compares to it. Total class.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Red Dwarf (let's just pretend series 7 and 8 didn't happen).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Tough one. I was 14 when Red Dwarf first aired and it was brilliant for the first 4 or 5 series. The later series makes it a difficult sentimental vote for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
:bounce: Any last votes?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I kid you not - I was ina really good restuarant in Zagreb last Friday night and when I made my order the waitor said 'lovely jubbly' and then began to wax lyrical about the 'greatest British comedy'.... two Croatian colleagues sat there like nodding dogs as he espoused the joys of watching what I think is one of the crappiest peices of British TV ever. I was so embarrassed :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here