Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Central Heating Boiler Advice Please

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
We have a problem with our Potterton combi. We've got it cranked up on max heat but the radiators only get touch comfortable hot. The boiler fires up and the pump is working it just isn't delivering enough heat to the radiators. Any ideas?

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
Sounds like you need to bleed your radiators. Buy a key in a pound shop and turn the tapat the end of each rad until the gas stops. Been tpold its best to start furthest from the boiler but don't hold me to it

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
or the pressure is too low.

MattyC

May 12, 2013
Have you tried bleeding the radiators? Start with the nearest to the boiler and work outwards to the farthest. The central heating needs to be on, so be careful. It should spray out rather than fizz/froth. Worked for me! Good luck

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sounds like you need to bleed your radiators. Buy a key in a pound shop and turn the tapat the end of each rad until the gas stops. Been tpold its best to start furthest from the boiler but don't hold me to it

I hope you haven't got GAS in your radiators, a little knowledge is dangerous as the saying goes:)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have you tried bleeding the radiators? Start with the nearest to the boiler and work outwards to the farthest. The central heating needs to be on, so be careful. It should spray out rather than fizz/froth. Worked for me! Good luck

Wrong,

Under no circumstances must the heating be on when bleeding a heating system, turn off the boiler, bleed the radiators until water appears( don't drop the vent pin and use a towel)
After bleeding the system make sure the pressure gauge on the boiler is topped up to 1 bar- 1 1/2 bar.

Pretty sure that is the exact opposite of what I was told.
[MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] is the man to ask.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003

I've done that and I've bled the main breather pipe behind the boiler. Anyone know how I check the pressure?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've done that and I've bled the main breather pipe behind the boiler. Anyone know how I check the pressure?

Look under the boiler or the front of the boiler at the bottom, there should be a round gauge, this should read 1 bar -1 1/2 bar.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

If I were you I would google the exact make and model of the boiler and download the user instructions, it will no doubt have a troubleshooting section, also you will be able to identify all the parts etc.

Good luck :thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No idea I pay for a cover plan for my heating, I know it costs each month but at least it cuts out all the messing about trying to find out what's wrong with my heating when it mucks about.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here