Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queues on matchdays

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
I notice every time on my stroll up to the ground on match days barely moving queues for tickets, merchandise, Dicks bar and Seven Stars bar.
With losses recently reported of nearly £15m it cannot be wasted on the club that this is earning potential not being tapped in to.
I, and many others, would happily arrive at the ground an hour or more before a match if we could guarantee a warm place to stand/sit in the colder, wetter months, of which there are plenty. Standing in line for 30+ minutes is not an enjoyable match day experience, especially on day's like Saturday. I'm sure there are thousands like me who are willing to part with their money, just given the chance.
I appreciate the real money is in corporate sales, 1901 membership, etc, but there is a huge customer base that would appreciate more investment in something in-between the posh seats and the economy sections!.
The Seven Stars, although of nice decor, is now even smaller than it was before in order to accommodate the new players lounge and probably needs to be 3 times the size, as does Dicks. Even if current space is limited are there not any plans to cater for the large number who would prefer not to freeze on the already overcrowded concourses before and after the game.

Last edited:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
We have capacities for each bar and we are aware of demand, and that it outweighs those capacities, but there is a finite amount of space at the stadium - also we would be creating another bar (with the cost associated) for use once every fortnight. For the sports bar we thought long and hard about charging or offering memberships - but felt it was wrong to do so for a few reasons. Mainly because we felt it should be available to all families, just as DB is to adults on a first-come, first-served basis. I am not aware of any stadium of our nature offering the product you mention, and would add that our concourses were designed to a very high-standard specification. We are constantly looking at ways to improve, but I'm not sure another tier of hospitality is the answer. We do have some 1901 Club memberships available if you wish to upgrade, if you are interested please DM me or call the commercial team they will be happy to assist.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here