Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
crofts-l229-1351584_478x359.jpg

Crofts was ruled out for the rest of the season back in January

PUBLISHED
16:09 10th February 2014
by Adam Tighe
I’m going to be like a mad-keen fan until the end of the season and hopefully see us push into the playoffs"
Andrew Crofts
Andrew Crofts says his recent knee surgery went as planned but admits the injury has been hard to take during such a successful season on a personal level.However the midfielder remains upbeat and hopes his performances in the first half of the season can play a part in the club’s promotion push.
He said, “The surgery went really well just over two weeks ago and that was a real success. Things were going so well, I was loving my football and I think everyone could see that.
“Obviously it’s tough but that’s football, it was going really well and I was loving every minute of it and it’s really hard at the minute, but I was at the Doncaster game seeing the boys.
“Since the game against Birmingham we haven’t had a home game so I’ve just been watching Sky at home and it’s not the same.
“Obviously I can’t affect anything out on the pitch but it was good being in the changing room and giving the lads good luck wishes. Hopefully I can be around it, but just being amongst the boys is what I’ve missed."
crofty-l229-1289913.jpg

Crofts is helped from the field after suffering his injury
Crofts will be Albion's number one supporter for the rest of the campaign while he eyes a return to action in the summer.
“I’m going to be like a mad-keen fan until the end of the season and hopefully see us push into the playoffs.
“I’ve been lucky because I’ve never really had a bad injury but I knew I’d done something bad, because it was something I’d never felt before.
“It’s just day to day now. I’ve been working with the medical staff and I’ve got goals to reach here and there.
“It’s seven months until the start of the season so that’s realistic and, fingers crossed, I’ll be back getting ready for that.
“The fans have been great with me and hopefully next season they’ll see the best of me again.”
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES

Albion v Leeds United:
Tuesday 11th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Hull City (FA Cup):
Monday 17th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Wigan Athletic:
Saturday 22nd February, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here