Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull tickets

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How they selling? Expecting a sell out or unlikely as on TV (well, BT Sport)...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Took £250k but lost how much in ticket sales/food. But bigger than that lost the chance of a better atmosphere that might have helped us get into the quarter finals.

I hate the way TV and money dominates our football world now. It would have been a great game and atmosphere on a Saturday at 3pm.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Took £250k but lost how much in ticket sales/food. But bigger than that lost the chance of a better atmosphere that might have helped us get into the quarter finals.

I hate the way TV and money dominates our football world now. It would have been a great game and atmosphere on a Saturday at 3pm.

You talk as if the game has already been played...?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
You talk as if the game has already been played...?

Oh dear, did you miss it. We won 6-5, cracking atmoshpere, 31,500 people rocking as we scored three in the last five minutes to snatch victory. We have Man City at home in the quarters. Lovely stuff.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Oh dear, did you miss it. We won 6-5, cracking atmoshpere, 31,500 people rocking as we scored three in the last five minutes to snatch victory. We have Man City at home in the quarters. Lovely stuff.

Greer was useless though.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Did we put the extra 1000 on the roof?....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If had been Saturday, 25k,.... as its Monday and live on tv,.... 18-20k

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
On the plus side, shorter queues for kiosks and train, so swings and roundabouts....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
On the plus side, shorter queues for kiosks [...] so swings and roundabouts....
They'll still run out of teabags...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Probably lose about 5k on the gate, so lost 100k receipts (max), which are split between the 2 clubs. So only lose £50k to make £250k from the TV.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Probably lose about 5k on the gate, so lost 100k receipts (max), which are split between the 2 clubs. So still £200k up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Did we put the extra 1000 on the roof?....

Nope sat them down the touchline as in the old days. It was terrific. At one point someone let a dog on the pitch, everyone cheered, and we laughed and waved our rattles. Old school football at it's best, so glad BT Sport were there to capture it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It will be interesting to see if there is a massive increase in ticket sales AFTER the 6th Round Cup draw. Just supposing that it's a home tie against Liverpool, Man.City . . . . .

I think you can pretty much guarantee that will be the case, if we win and get the home draw.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Probably lose about 5k on the gate, so lost 100k receipts (max), which are split between the 2 clubs. So still £200k up.

Food/drink New customers who may not have got the Albion bug yet. This game was billed as brilliant chance to take your kids for the first time etc, cheap prices. That must have a value. I'm sure it's not ever going to match the £250k and I entirely understand the reasons for taking the money but it's a shame that football has come to the point where showing a match on telly is more important to a club than the amount of people that can come and watch it live.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Could you buy tea?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here