Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
garcia-press-10feb14-ld-1229-1351151_478x359.jpg

Oscar Garcia being interviewed by Seagulls Player

PUBLISHED
14:04 10th February 2014
by Adam Tighe
They have won the last two games despite all their problems but we have to be focused"
Oscar Garcia
Oscar Garcia has highlighted Championship top scorer Ross McCormack as Leeds United’s danger man.Albion’s Spanish head coach feels his side will need to keep tabs on the forward and also believes Leeds are a dangerous proposition at the moment.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Ross is one of their main players, he has already scored 22 goals. It is very difficult to mark him and we have to be aware, but not only of him, all of the other players they bought in the transfer window are playing well also.
“They have won the last two games despite all their problems but we have to be focused, play better than them and pick up the three points.
“It is not easy but all the managers have some problems during a spell of the season, however I cannot tell you anything about it [Leeds United's off-field problems] as I do not know the history.”
ross229-1351083.jpg

Ross McCormack has 22 league goals to his name this season
The former Barcelona man added, “We wanted to get back to winning ways in front of our own fans on Saturday, we did that and now we have to focus on the next game.
“We have to keep going, try to maintain our performances and hopefully we can be more clinical in front of goal as this is key to keeping us in this position.”
Meanwhile Oscar has been impressed by his recent signings Dale Stephens and David Rodriguez and says the Spanish influence in the squad has been vital for helping David settle in.
“He played really well, he didn’t know about the Championship but we have some Spanish players that are helping him to integrate as soon as possible. Of course that has been a great help for him.
“I am very happy of the performances of the new players and how they have been training, but not only them, I am with all the players in the squad.”

Albion v Leeds United:
Tuesday 11th February, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Hull City (FA Cup):
Monday 17th February, kick-off 7.45pm. Tickets on general sale online from Wednesday 5th February
Albion v Wigan Athletic:
Saturday 22nd February, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here