glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
well done Burnley
see they have kept their ST the same as this season

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
“However we view this match as a great opportunity for the fans of both clubs to show that 3pm kick–offs of high profile matches are perfectly manageable..."

With Leeds there's always a risk of it kicking off.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting. This is the same argument that Newcastle v Sunderland had before sticking with their 3pm kick off I believe. Was there trouble at their game?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting. This is the same argument that Newcastle v Sunderland had before sticking with their 3pm kick off I believe. Was there trouble at their game?

No.

Probably because the Newcastle fans were so embarrassed they all went home quickly though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No.

Probably because the Newcastle fans were so embarrassed they all went home quickly though.

I did wonder that! They were too busy throwing their season tickets at Pardew and Ashley to get into a fight.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
“However we view this match as a great opportunity for the fans of both clubs to show that 3pm kick–offs of high profile matches are perfectly manageable..."

With Leeds there's always a risk of it kicking off.

Perhaps years back, I've been to Leeds the last 3 seasons & went in a few pubs up there with them and by and large they aren't half as bad as people make out, they are obsessed with being where 'they belong' but if you ignore that the vast majority are a decent lot. With any game there's a risk of it ending in trouble but I think nowadays most of the knobs who cause trouble aren't 'firms' like the old days just drunk idiots.

Just my opinion obviously, football violence is extremely rare nowadays from what I've seen, most I've seen is a few scuffles between men under the influence who think they can take on entire armies.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One day I hope the Albion announce 'Saturday was a police free day'.
Clearly it would be madness to reference it before the game.

Saturday would have been an ideal game to keep the police sat in a wagon elsewhere (but nearby!!)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
3 arrests at Swansea Vs Cardiff and that was a 5.30pm kick-off!

Was stunned when I saw the kick-off time that late, but fair play to the supporters of both clubs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Saturday would have been an ideal game to keep the police sat in a wagon elsewhere (but nearby!!)

I think they couldn't take the risk. The last time Doncaster came to the amex, there was that crime of the century on Billy Sharp. The police needed to be on hand just in case anyone tried to finish the job they started last time. Lives were at stake, man, it would have been reprehensible to leave the Police off-site.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd be more impressed if the thread title had read "Burnley refuse TV pressure and keep Leeds Game at 3pm"

Be realistic! Although I'm with you in spirit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think they couldn't take the risk. The last time Doncaster came to the amex, there was that crime of the century on Billy Sharp. The police needed to be on hand just in case anyone tried to finish the job they started last time. Lives were at stake, man, it would have been reprehensible to leave the Police off-site.

I've heard the police got wind that there was going to be another assasination attempt in the 90th minute so he was dragged off early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here