Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Perry's Training Ground Tour (You Tube)

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Wow, this is bl**dy exciting.

How quickly will it be up to speed? Do we know how many youngsters we will have training there?

Can't believe this is for our little old super seagulls.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My brother is working there until May and has been told this has to be up and running in June.

On a side note, they had red carpet out every where last week for the World Cup folks from Qatar, showing them how it's done! :)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
That's going to be one hell of a complex for the players.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
There are times when you see something either on the TV, a photo or in this case PC via youtube that take ages to register in your brain and takes your breath away. The first were the weekly photos that Jack Straw did of the AMEX, and now this.

I keep thinking that its another club. But its not its ours......BHA. First class ground and now first class training pitch. Thank you Tony Bloom, so very very much.

D

Deleted member 22389

There are times when you see something either on the TV, a photo or in this case PC via youtube that take ages to register in your brain and takes your breath away. The first were the weekly photos that Jack Straw did of the AMEX, and now this.

I keep thinking that its another club. But its not its ours......BHA. First class ground and now first class training pitch. Thank you Tony Bloom, so very very much.

Exactly how I feel about it. Who could have ever imagined it. The current training ground arrangements have been an issue, but not for long. I want that half size training pitch myself.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
From the University to the new training ground must be a massive step up, akin to the move from the Withdean to the Amex. Could be a huge boost for the team for the coming seasons, also being able to use a heated pitch means we might one day win a boxing day game.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I could never have envisaged having under-soil heating on the training pitches. And as for the indoor ones...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I could never have envisaged having under-soil heating on the training pitches. And as for the indoor ones...

Exactly that. Presumably the perimeter advertising is so that the players become used to having advertising in their sight lines, so that it's less of a visual distraction when they're passing/following the ball on the actual Amex pitch.....?! Even tough the training ground advertising won't be scrolling....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly that. Presumably the perimeter advertising is so that the players become used to having advertising in their sight lines, so that it's less of a visual distraction when they're passing/following the ball on the actual Amex pitch

...or, quite possibly, so they can sell advertising space to interested companies, with a promise that there will be lots of publicity shots of the training ground at every opportunity? :)

#cynic

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think it is important to realise we are not going to suddenly start churning out future internationals at the same rate as established academy set ups.

As far as attracting top young prospects this is simply going to put the club on a level playing field with the other clubs who already boast facilities like this. Will take time to establish and develop.

But that said, it really is encouraging and the entire scope of the facilities on that clip are impressive. We have a lot to thank Tony Bloom for.

Not sure why we need a climbing wall though...

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
...or, quite possibly, so they can sell advertising space to interested companies, with a promise that there will be lots of publicity shots of the training ground at every opportunity? :)

#cynic

Agreed, but it's pretty limited exposure. I imagine it'll be part of a package deal option for companies who advertise at The Amex.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed, but it's pretty limited exposure. I imagine it'll be part of a package deal option for companies who advertise at The Amex.

Indeed. But money's money, isn't it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Martin Perry is such an Albion legend.

This training complex really will transform this club, for the first time in our history we will have the facilities to bring through world class players. Give it 10 years or so and there will be Sussex born players in the England ranks.

To think that some posters on Nsc thought he was deliberately messing up the planning permission for the Amex to delay it, so that he could get to retirement age without being out of a job!!

D

Deleted member 22389

I think it is important to realise we are not going to suddenly start churning out future internationals at the same rate as established academy set ups.

As far as attracting top young prospects this is simply going to put the club on a level playing field with the other clubs who already boast facilities like this. Will take time to establish and develop.

But that said, it really is encouraging and the entire scope of the facilities on that clip are impressive. We have a lot to thank Tony Bloom for.

Not sure why we need a climbing wall though...

Presume to build up strength in the legs, bit like cycling up hills.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's more useful there than The Amex.

The rest of the infrastructure will fail long before a pitch inspection is needed.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
WOW!!! Thank you to all involved in making this happen and for giving the worldwide family of Seagulls fans a club with a world class stadium and training / academy facility.
Dadadadada - I'm lovin' it!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here