Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Love the flags in South West Corner before the match

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Just wanted to say I though the flags looked good in the South west corner before Doncaster match, hope these increase in numbers over next few weeks

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
the flags/banners around the stadium look great. Make more!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
SWC seems to be the place to be atm I might move over there next season

So everyone says - yet the only time i can seem to hear them in the North is during that North/SouthEastWest song. Its either quite quiet or the stadium acoustics are selective......

On a side note of flags, that big one in the North was a bit of a flop again, not to mention they release it too late, so often its still moving once the game has kicked off.

We do need more of the SWC style flags though.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Atmosphere was drab again but flags were good, bring more !!!!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Its either quite quiet or the stadium acoustics are selective......

This, although it is evident how loud the North CAN be, the sound does not travel saaarfff very well, often drowned out by the away fans. The flags are great, although almost saw someone's eye being taken out on Saturday by over zealous and wayward waving!

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I have a sneaking suspicion the SW will soon become the place to be too if enjoying atmosphere matters - near the away support, ability to banter back and forth, lots of noise coming in from WSU and WSL - having tried the corner I wouldn't ever go back to the North. Think once some of the singers try it the attachment to the 'north' may well fade quickly.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I see even the Ulloa waited to score in front of the proper "Ultras" on Saturday.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
So everyone says - yet the only time i can seem to hear them in the North is during that North/SouthEastWest song. Its either quite quiet or the stadium acoustics are selective......

On a side note of flags, that big one in the North was a bit of a flop again, not to mention they release it too late, so often its still moving once the game has kicked off.

We do need more of the SWC style flags though.

In all honesty the "big flag" in the north is an embarrassment. It is to small and as it went across the stand last Saturday, a third of it seemed to disappear and then somehow turned 90 degrees, a real mess up. In reality, although we have to thank those who try to create an atmosphere, it would be better to give that flag up.
Some of the Big flags of other clubs, shown on Match of the Day etc., are quality.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bring back Gully's Girls. They were great with their flag waving.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
In all honesty the "big flag" in the north is an embarrassment. It is to small and as it went across the stand last Saturday, a third of it seemed to disappear and then somehow turned 90 degrees, a real mess up. In reality, although we have to thank those who try to create an atmosphere, it would be better to give that flag up.
Some of the Big flags of other clubs, shown on Match of the Day etc., are quality.

Must be small, I cant even remember seeing it

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
im in upper west,and they are loud in spells,louder than the poxy north stand,
imo they should make that the singing area,and feed of the banter with the away fans

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Depends where you are in the Stadium...if you are in the North then other sections are drowned out by the noise you make...same with the SW corner and I presume the WSU....I'm directly below the WSU so cannot hear them as the chanting gets lost in the upper atmosphere...but can hear North stand and South/West stand chanting....both are great...but credit to SW corner as there are fewer there...unified singing is great to hear....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting how the acoustics work. I'm in WSL (towards North End), and virtually never hear the SW corner at all (or the away fans, unless they are particularly numerous/loud). The SWC flags are awesome and yes the North flag needs a bit of work. We'll never get one in WSL as people would have to put down their flasks of tea to move it along first.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As a present incumbent of the SWC, I wish those who sing would pipe down so that those of us who want to can get some sleep.

And I don't mind the flags as long as they can stop poking me in the ear with them.

Yours faithfully - a professional curmudgeon....... but seriously, I don't mind. I even found myself quietly joining in the singing at one point on Saturday. The main reason I am there, though, is to watch football and appreciate the artistry of my team.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think it's been established for some time that due to the peculiarities of the stadium acoustics different parts of the ground can't hear each other particularly well but the key issue is whether the players can hear the chants, noise, support on the pitch irrespective of where it comes from in the ground?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here