Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

City Break Ideas

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hi,

So work have canned carrying over holiday this year, and I've got 2.5 days left to use. I HATE using holiday and not actually going away, so need ideas for a European city break with the missus between now and end of March:

- Will probably be out Sunday, back Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.
- Not Paris / Rome.
- Bonus if BA fly there, especially from Gatwick.

Ideas, GO!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Barcelona is a great city. If you are there Sunday you may be able to catch a match at the New Camp.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Berlin is a great city and flights from Gatwick are about £65 return on EasyJet.

I bloody LOVE Berlin, but the missus does not want to go. It could have been my selling of it, which was a bit blokey, but shes not having any of it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Brussels on Eurostar, honestly, it's a cracking short break

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Reykjavik :thumbsup:

Wrap up warm though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Reykjavik :thumbsup:

Wrap up warm though.

I have 3 blokes that CONSTANTLY moan and chat shit that sit behind me in WSU, and 1 of them spent most of the 2nd half slagging off his recent holiday to Reykjavik. So its probably quite good.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Another vote for Barcelona. if you have never been before it has loads to see, great food, a beach and the football. Two hours away from Gatwick. Also as it's not a particularly big town, you can see a lot in just a couple of days, the metro is quick, cheap and easy to use.

Cab from the airport not too much either, to save gaffing around with the train.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Barcelona, Prague, Berlin or Amsterdam.

Lisbon is a less conventional choice, but I loved it there too. Great city.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Barcelona is high on the list. Only been on blokey trips, so not ventured around too much, or enjoyed good food etc. Will look into this some more.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patreon
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Seville is good fun and will be warmish. Marrakech if you're feeling adventurous. Split in Croatia is a good long weekend as you can do day trips to the islands around it from Split port.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What sort of trip are you looking for? Galleries, museums, eating, shopping etc?

We're mid-late 20s. So just a bit of sightseeing, walking around, eating, drinking etc.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
We're mid-late 20s. So just a bit of sightseeing, walking around, eating, drinking etc.

Go to Prague.

Me and my Mrs (mid-late 20s) go on 3/4 city trips a year. We've been to Prague, Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Milan, Verona, Naples to name a few in recent years, and Prague was by far our favourite, especially if you are going this time of year.

It's beautiful, cheap, friendly and the food and drink are both lovely.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here