Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-3-3 or 4-6-0?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wonder if, before the end of the season, we might see a front three of Lua Lua, CMS, and Spanish Rod?

I know it is sacrilege to suggest not having the big target man up front but three very quick and very mobile players rotating positions seems much more in tune with Oscar's philosophy and we will soon have the ideal group to play it.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Three rapid players up front? It would be like playing FIFA online

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I wonder if, before the end of the season, we might see a front three of Lua Lua, CMS, and Spanish Rod?

I know it is sacrilege to suggest not having the big target man up front but three very quick and very mobile players rotating positions seems much more in tune with Oscar's philosophy and we will soon have the ideal group to play it.

Need someone with vision to deliver quality balls for these players to run onto though and none of our midfield look capable of doing that right now.

Aug 23, 2011

no big man up front? how would we lump it forward? That would really upset some people.....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you looked in the first half on saturday there were times when we were playing 3/0/7....and it was messy and disjointed

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're forgetting Bruno, who plays upfront when an attack is on.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
No Ulloa - arguably our only goal threat, especially with Crofts out of the side. Interesting idea

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
4-6-0 wouldnt work with the quality and type of players we have. the opposition defense would simply push up and compress the midfield. It might work for a half a game, taking them by surprise, but thats about it. you'd need three or four fast and eager players that are a known goal threat to make the opposition stand off and allow the midfield any space. players like that cost £20m+

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

We played 4-3-3 on Saturday and it had moments of success. We'll start the same with Kaz instead of March tomorrow I think.
Without having a big man who can hold the ball up . i.e Ulloa, not CMS, it won't work. CMS may play instead of Kaz/March/Rodriguez but not Ulloa. Just can't see it.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We played 4-3-3 on Saturday and it had moments of success. We'll start the same with Kaz instead of March tomorrow I think.
Without having a big man who can hold the ball up . i.e Ulloa, not CMS, it won't work. CMS may play instead of Kaz/March/Rodriguez but not Ulloa. Just can't see it.

Barcelona haven't done too badly without a "big man"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's no doubt that Oscar like his striking options to swap constantly during matches, taking turns to drop deep and switching wings and i can see the attraction of 3 very quick attacking players. It's certainly different for when things aren't working out. Sort of like a plan B ?

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
without ulloa we will not have a chance of playoffs
No one else in 2 and a half seasons in championship has looked remotely
like scoring as many goals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here