Group D

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Final group for tonight.

***ATTENTION*** PLEASE NOTE THAT TWO COMEDIES PROGRESS FROM EACH GROUP.

So think before you vote. If you know one comedy is going to make it, perhaps show your support to your second favourite?

Group D

Blackadder

Blackadder460.jpg

A very strong contender and would hope to make the semis at least. Weaker 1st series could stop it from winning the ultimate prize.

Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights

Peter-Kay-as-club-owner-Brian-Potter.jpg

Arguably the best thing Peter Kay has ever done, a comedy with some excellent observations.

Miranda

Miranda-Hart--481496448-340x280.jpg

WHAT TO SAY? A VERY controversial inclusion, be fascinating to see how the voting goes on this one. Could it, COULD IT sneak through the group stage?! I can see another sitcom gathering votes in protest against this one.

The Good Life

goodlife_1_396x222.jpg

A gentle, warm, inoffensive sitcom. Got no chance.​

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The IT Crowd

If only people had thought to nominate and second it, eh? Believe it or not, Miranda had FAR more support in the nominations/friendlies threads.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Blackadder, without a doubt.

That Miranda shite is not fit to be mentioned in the same breath.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Tactical voting didn't go very well this time.

Did you only like the first series Doc?

when I was at school (1983) we used to quote it word for word, crying with laughter while doing so, could not wait for the second series, very disappointed it was filmed with a reduced budget, totally in a studio, and what I still don't acknowledge is Baldrick's and Blackadder's roles reversed re: their intelligence. The last series I thought came close and of course who can criticise 'that' final scene?.Series 2 and 3 were good (IMO) but not great.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
when I was at school (1983) we used to quote it word for word, crying with laughter while doing so, could not wait for the second series, very disappointed it was filmed with a reduced budget, totally in a studio, and what I still don't acknowledge is Baldrick's and Blackadder's roles reversed re: their intelligence. The last series I thought came close and of course who can criticise 'that' final scene?.Series 2 and 3 were good (IMO) but not great.

I like all the series but the third for me was hilarious, Hugh Lawrie was very funny.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
agree with that....for me the first and fourth series are the best because Blackadder is more of a victim of circumstance rather than a villain.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I still enjoy the first series too and thought that series 2 was good as well. There were too many weak episodes in series 3 and a couple in series 4 were not great either. I agree that Baldrick was a better character in series 1 and I am not sure why they got rid of Percy, who was a far subtler, stupid character. Series 4's downfall is the obvious "darling" joke which is overdone.

If I was only allowed to watch 3 episodes of Blackadder, they would be "The Queen of Spain's Beard", "Beer" and "The Black Seal" (what iron?)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here