UK Comedy Cup - Group C

Group C

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
3rd group of 4 going up tonight. ONE vote per group. Choose wisely. Post quotes/videos etc.

TWO comedies go through from each group, so think before you vote.

Group C

I'm Alan Partridge*

alan-partridge460_795711c.jpg

A modern classic. Had a SUPERB ding dong battle with The Office in a preliminary friendly. Could go far, has a strong and passionate fanbase and SO many quotable lines.

*Refers to the 2 TV series of I'm Alan Partridge, and not to any other works featuring Alan Partridge (The Day Today, Alpha Papa etc)

Men Behaving Badly

menbehavingbadly_1_396x222.jpg

Splits opinion on this site, with some dismissing it as Two Pints...style laddish juvenile rubbish. Some arguing that while it is that, it's also BLOODY funny as well, with some absolutely stonking lines. Would hope to get through the group after a narrow friendly defeat against The Young Ones but no guarantees.

The Mighty Boosh

The_mighty_boosh_nme_take_over.jpg

Has any other show this RECENT aged this BADLY? Incredibly of it's time, with the references to Shoreditch, music like The Horrors, and the unforgivable "crimping". On the other hand, the first series was SUPERB and the 2nd series had it's moments (The Nightmare of Milky Joe). Unpredictable.

Life's Too Short

555001-high-res-lifes-too-short-LST091786.jpg

Arguably one of Gervais & Merchant's weaker creations, Warwick Davis plays David Brent, but he's small so it's funnier when he falls over. Which is obviously true, but is it enough to base a sitcom on? Also the moment when Johnny Depp made him dance to a flute/recorder was very funny, but at times it felt too much like self indulgence from Ricky for me.​

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ooooh , the Boosh just beating MBB for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
SHOCK early lead for the Boosh! I suppose many aren't bothering to vote for Partridge, knowing that others will?

Aug 23, 2011
I saw mighty boosh on a comedy night before they did their tv series and I thought that was a lot funnier and so have always been slightly disappointed by them. Not sure who to go for here really.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Boosh or Partridge...Boosh or Partridge....I think Alan get's my vote on this one, though I hope TMB makes it through

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Voting so far would suggest I got the seeding BANG ON, which is nice to see.

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
I'm Alan Partridge series 1 is probably my favourite series of all time.

Life's Too Short is underrated too.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Love both I'm Alan Partridge and Men Behaving Badly and Life's Too Short was better than it was given credit for too. Picking one though, so chose Men Behaving Badly.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Partridge

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here