poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The Young Ones

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Thick of it, watched them all again recently, absolutely cracking satirical comedy.

I always thought this group would be a fight for second place behind The Young Ones and that seems to be the case.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
You know mellotron this was way to easy:

Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Young Ones - they are all clearly way out in front. Think you shouldve given them byes into the enxt round to make it more interesting.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't think Spaced appeals to the over 40's - and most of NSC is over 40.

Shame though, it's a cult classic!

I'm over 40 and it's probably my favourite comedy of all time. Shame it's not as well known as others.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You know mellotron this was way to easy:

Fawlty Towers
Blackadder
Young Ones - they are all clearly way out in front. Think you shouldve given them byes into the enxt round to make it more interesting.

Just helps the slow build to the big clashes in the Quarter Finals onwards. All about the 2nd placed battles in each of these groups.

Final 4 groups will be added tonight, all finishing before the weekend's football.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just helps the slow build to the big clashes in the Quarter Finals onwards. All about the 2nd placed battles in each of these groups.

Final 4 groups will be added tonight, all finishing before the weekend's football.

Are you serious on the other thread that no one nominated or 2nded the IT Crowd!? :eek:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Are you serious on the other thread that no one nominated or 2nded the IT Crowd!? :eek:

Yup. There was about 3-4 days where I did a load of comedy wars threads, plenty of talk about which shows should go into a comedy world cup, then a nominations thread that ran for a couple of days. IT Crowd was barely mentioned once.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yup. There was about 3-4 days where I did a load of comedy wars threads, plenty of talk about which shows should go into a comedy world cup, then a nominations thread that ran for a couple of days. IT Crowd was barely mentioned once.

Wow, too late for a wild card, special late entry?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow, too late for a wild card, special late entry?

Definitely. Always next year. And let's be realistic, it wouldn't stand any real chance of winning?...

Also missing out this year: Dad's Army, Allo Allo, Open All Hours, Rising Damp.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Definitely. Always next year. And let's be realistic, it wouldn't stand any real chance of winning?...

Also missing out this year: Dad's Army, Allo Allo, Open All Hours, Rising Damp.

And yet Miranda got in. :ffsparr:

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
Young Ones hasn't really stood the test of time

Loved Spaced, but do know what you mean by film study wankers, plus I recently tried to watch 'World's End' and find it hard to forgive anything that launched the careers that led to that pile of smelly stuff

Don't know EDC at all

Thick of it IS genius. wins by a mile for me.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Where is the group with The Office and Garth Marenghi's Dark Place? Can't seem to find it.

strange that you pair the two, as i have often thought mathew holness's brief appearance in the office was far funnier than the entire garth marenghis dark place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here