UK Comedy Cup - Group A

Group A

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Right, let's get stuck in. Will give everyone a few days to vote. One vote per group, choose wisely.

TWO comedies go through from each group, so think before you vote.

Group A

The Young Ones

youngones_1_396x222.jpg

A pre-match friendly vs Men Behaving Badly showed TYO's strength of fanbase. Could go far.

Spaced

spaced_625x352.jpg

A cult favourite, and the catapult for Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's careers. Very rewatchable. Would hope to make it through the group.

The Thick Of It

The_Thick_Of_It.jpg

Political comedy with a FAIR bit of swearing. Has helped bring certain phrases into common parlance. Can't repeat them.

Ever Decreasing Circles

decreasingcast.jpeg

A late push for a few "oldies" saw this sneak in. Unfancied? Hard to tell...

Please feel free to post quotes/videos to support your chosen comedy.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Easily the young ones from this lot :) not even close.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Young Ones should walk it, with Spaced edging out The Thick Of It, would be my prediction, but EDC is an unknown quantity...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Young Ones should walk, not just this group, but the whole competition

I think Fawlty Towers, Only Fools & Horses, The Office and Blackadder might have something to say about that...

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
'Ever Decreasing Circles' - despite being filmed in the mighty Billingshurst - was an absolute pile of horse Shi*e.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thick Of It will win by a tsunami of piss, Malcolm Tucker is the greatest ******* ever.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
When the Young Ones was first on I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Watch it now and it's embarrassing. Spaced is for wankers who did film studies at some fourth-rate university. Never seen EDC.

If the Thick of It isn't pure genius it will do as a placeholder until pure genius can get here.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When the Young Ones was first on I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Watch it now and it's embarrassing. Spaced is for wankers who did film studies at some fourth-rate university. Never seen EDC.

If the Thick of It isn't pure genius it will do as a placeholder until pure genius can get here.

It's a shame some people lose their sense of humour with age:down:
Why is the Young Ones now embarrassing?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cracking race for second, but most EDC fans are probably tucked up in bed now to be fair. Watch it storm up in votes around 6am tomorrow. Perhaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here