Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official Sussex County Cricket Thread ******

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Time to put the Ashes to bed and focus on the important stuff.

Sussex CCC take on Loughborough MCCU in a mere 40 days.

SUSSEX

Overseas player 2013: Steve Magoffin (Australia), Scott Styris (New Zealand), Dwayne Smith (West Indies)

Overseas player 2014: Steve Magoffin (Australia); Yasir Arafat (Pakistan, for Twenty20)

Ins: Steffan Piolet (Warwickshire), Jon Lewis (Surrey), Yasir Arafat (Somerset)

Outs: Monty Panesar (Essex), Joe Gatting (Hampshire), Andrew Miller (REL)

Other news: Callum Jackson, Harry Finch, Matt Machan, James Anyon, Chris Liddle, Ashar Zaidi, Lewis Hatchett and Michael Yardy have signed new contracts. Yardy has been granted a benefit year for 2014.

I don't like cricket...

I :love: it

Ps We could do with a batsman!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Time to put the Ashes to bed and focus on the important stuff.

Sussex CCC take on Loughborough MCCU in a mere 40 days.

I don't like cricket...

I :love: it

Ps We could do with a batsman!

How about asking KP ?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
We are a batsmen light. We haven't really replaced Goodwin yet, especially for county Championship games. Last year we relied a lot on Joyce and Wells, with Yardy supported well down the order. One day side looks great though :D

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If that egotistical wanker was ever employed by Sussex, I would rip up my membership card in front of the pavillion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Free spending Surrey are confident, apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/26060841

Hypothetically, would you want him? I certainly would, but can't see us having the financial clout and not convinced he would be at ease with our facilities.

He has burnt most of his boats and in England, Surrey is his only option left who have the cash and are close enough to London for him. Given that situation, I think Surrey can be quite confident of getting him.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
In other cricket news Lou Vincent is being investigated by the International Cricket Council Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU), over allegations of match-fixing in Twenty20 competitions in India.
He is also being questioned over allegations he fixed a one day game between Sussex and Kent.
This was a CB40 match at Hove in August 2011 where he played for Sussex in a 14 run defeat by Kent.
The match was televised live in India and is believed to attracted unusually high interest on online betting sites with one reporting turnover of £14 million.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In other cricket news Lou Vincent is being investigated by the International Cricket Council Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU), over allegations of match-fixing in Twenty20 competitions in India.
He is also being questioned over allegations he fixed a one day game between Sussex and Kent.
This was a CB40 match at Hove in August 2011 where he played for Sussex in a 14 run defeat by Kent.
The match was televised live in India and is believed to attracted unusually high interest on online betting sites with one reporting turnover of £14 million.

Blimey.

Here is the game in question...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2011/engine/match/492346.html

...was caught behind off Stevens and in the next over Van Jaarsveld, anxious to atone, ran out Lou Vincent.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Got my T20 tickets this week and my membership card arrived yesterday.

Summer starts here.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At least we'll have Matt Prior available for most of the season. He really needs to get a few good scores early on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait. Lying back on a deckchair, pint of Harveys, Gala Pie, Sausage rolls, a little nap and some cricket. It's great being an oldie.

Or, retreating hastily to the bar and reading the Daily Telegraph as it pisses it down for the fortieth consecutive day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here