Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever Got In For Nothing or Without Ticket?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
my eldest brother got into the '79 FA Cup Final without a ticket :bowdown:

I got into the Belgian Grand Prix in 1998 without one,OK a little easier,bit of chainlink fencing with some barbed wire on the top,mind you the local OB were patrolling with Rotties so you had to choose your spot well

as far as football is concerned not much joy,one time at Northampton (league cup,Poskett winner)was lurking around the turnstile area,what with it being a cricket ground thought it would be easy,OB noticed,explained I didn't have enough money to get in,which was true and he kindly had a word with the bloke on the turnstile and me & my mate were allowed in for free

pretty sure at Oldham there was a hole in the fence,but OB came in and said the gates ain't even open yet!
so was marched out and had to pay

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Once and only time at Old Trafford to see some random League cup game (possibly they were playing Barnet circa 2005?) when i was at uni, me and my housemate got held up by traffic and arrived just before half time we eventually convinced them to let us in

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Used to go to England games regular at the old wembley stadium for nothing.

1st time was against the Dutch some time in the 80's , there was 100's lock out abd a few starting to try and kick the gates in. As we sat back and watch the action we noticed a small portacabin where fans were queing up and noticed a few running away laughing. Having stopped one chap , asked him what was going on he said they are tickets for collection just go up and make a name up.
We did, and they started to search for the named tickets but couldn't find them, so they said that because they couldn't find them they would give us complementries instead!
From then on we did it every England game , eventually they moved the ticket collection over to wembley arena and would just have one ticket and write how many people were to have access.
Good scam that worked for a while...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
A few comps for varying reasons , not snuck into a game before mind :(

Jan 30, 2008
yep went to the vetch field with Chelsea WALKED STRAIGHT THROUGH THE UNLOCKED UNMANNED TURNSTILLE bizzare!! also mate i knew used to steward the north stand , GAVE A SECRET KNOCK ON THE DOOR AND HE LET US IN FOR NOTHING :clap:
regards
DR

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Mate of ours from the Palmeira pub was a steward and led 6 of us in via some labyrinth under the West Stand to watch the BHA v Man Utd Beckham debut game at the Goldstone.

Jan 30, 2008
my eldest brother got into the '79 fa cup final without a ticket :bowdown:

I got into the belgian grand prix in 1998 without one,ok a little easier,bit of chainlink fencing with some barbed wire on the top,mind you the local ob were patrolling with rotties so you had to choose your spot well

as far as football is concerned not much joy,one time at northampton (league cup,poskett winner)was lurking around the turnstile area,what with it being a cricket ground thought it would be easy,ob noticed,explained i didn't have enough money to get in,which was true and he kindly had a word with the bloke on the turnstile and me & my mate were allowed in for free

pretty sure at oldham there was a hole in the fence,but ob came in and said the gates ain't even open yet!
So was marched out and had to pay
remember the hole at oldham :D
regards
DR

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Saw West Ham v Man City 2nd leg. Went Comps window, asked girl to check if ticket left for me, went back 20 mins later, asked to check again. Obviously wasn't one but she said "You can have this one". Happy days.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Millwall a couple of a few years back...went to the open staff door and walked through all the stewards who were having a briefing and on to pitch side...no one even gave me a second look.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
20 odd years ago at The Goldstone was let in the West Stand and left again at will 4 hours later.
Mind you I was playing a full, competitive 90 mins cup game

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Rochdale away in the early 70s. Some Brighton fans broke a very flimsy chain on a double exit gate and everyone just walked in - well, you sort of had to really.
Mansfield home boycott I remember the gate in Goldstone Lane being bust open and we all went in for the second half.
In my youth I may have been known to tightrope walk along the fence of the old abandoned house in the NE corner and jump down onto the banking inside the ground.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I had a free ticket to the Community Shield in '06 between Liverpool and Chelsea at the Millenium Stadium

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Went to the Shrewsbury game a few years ago with my brother when we were already champions. Turned up at the ticket office and mentioned that I knew an old friend of their chairman Roland Wycherley. A brief phone call later and we were offered tickets in the main stand or standing with the Albion fans. We gratefully accepted their kind offer, stood behind the goal and watched our fantastic team get pulverized. Can't remember if it was 3 or 4 nil but the scenes were great on the pitch after. Was that the game with the streaker?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mansfield protest at the Goldstone
Climbed over the wall to watch cricket at the county ground.
Got into a Lewes game this season, I turned up after kick off and someone opened the exit and I just walked in.

Not sure if the OP means sporting events on this thread as I used to get into see loads of bands for free when I was 14/15, didn't have much money back then but loads of bands came to Brighton that I wanted to see, so me and my friends thought it was a challenge to see if we could get in for free.
Too many to mention but the hardest place to get into was The Dome but I got into see a Hazel O'Connor by saying I was working for the lighting crew.
Also got in the back door of the Brighton Centre to see Ian Dury, we told this old boy on the door we had helped the roadies unload the trucks and they had put us on the guest list.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Mid 80's in Dublin , me and a couple of mates got tickets for Ireland v Scotland , with the egg shaped balls .
Got them off an honest looking bloke on O'Connell Street.
When we got to Lansdowne Road and handed them in at the turnstiles - they were dodgy . Much to our amazement .
So we were left outside the ground wondering what to do next , and then more and more people seemed to be experiencing the same thing: being refused entry and numbers were rising.
Eventually someone decided to open a couple of large gates and we all piled on to the terraces in an uncoordinated mad rush.
A few years later Hillsborough happened .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here