Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Stand Catering (again)

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Yesterday queued for my statutory pre match pie (the special this time), and pint (Harvey's of course) at the WSU Outlet nearest the north stand. I placed my order and attempted to pay (as always) by ecash , having verified I had sufficient funds before leaving home. The nice young chap who served me really had no concept of the system and eventually had to get the young lady on the adjacent till to take my money. This would have been alright if he hadn't then produced a plastic tumbler that contained 50% beer and 50% froth!
NOW NOBODY GIVES ME SHORT MEASURE ON ALE!!!!!!!!! - he did say, "it's my first week" - as if that should be some form of justification!:rant:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FFS, so boring this - eat and drink somewhere else before the game then.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
FFS, so boring this - eat and drink somewhere else before the game then.

You didn't need to respond, I just wanted to get it off my chest!

Yesterday queued for my statutory pre match pie (the special this time), and pint (Harvey's of course) at the WSU Outlet nearest the north stand. I placed my order and attempted to pay (as always) by ecash , having verified I had sufficient funds before leaving home. The nice young chap who served me really had no concept of the system and eventually had to get the young lady on the adjacent till to take my money. This would have been alright if he hadn't then produced a plastic tumbler that contained 50% beer and 50% froth!
NOW NOBODY GIVES ME SHORT MEASURE ON ALE!!!!!!!!! - he did say, "it's my first week" - as if that should be some form of justification!:rant:

lovely story, It goes without saying that you're a Harveys drinker

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You didn't need to respond, I just wanted to get it off my chest!

So in essence you started a thread that you want no-one to respond to - I think we are hitting a new plain of NSC insanity here

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If everybody who wasnt satisfied boycotted the cstering outlets the club would soon take the hint and ask questions of the caterers. Do not put up with poor service and bad food complain or boycott your choice other than that just accept.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If everybody who wasnt satisfied boycotted the cstering outlets the club would soon take the hint and ask questions of the caterers. Do not put up with poor service and bad food complain or boycott your choice other than that just accept.

It's just not as simple as that though, is it?

My post-match WSL (North end) experience was woeful. We didn't want to join the big train queue and are happy to linger, chat and have a pint or two.

But the queue for the train probably moved quicker than the catering queue I was in. Having seen people join the adjoining queue considerably later than I had, reach the front and get served we played the odds and I joined the back of that queue, leaving [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] in the original queue. I got to the front of my queue quicker than Edna who, by this time, had probably been queueing for close to 15 minutes. The guy then proceeded to get me a pint of Harveys - I wanted 2 pints of Strongbow. He then returned with 1 pint of Strongbow and I had to ask for the other one. All the while this was going on there must have been 8 catering staff gathered around a Harveys barrel/keg/whatever trying to get some out.

It was all painful and slow.

After the first pint we headed for the more welcoming (and efficient) environs of the Battle of Trafalgar.

I'm happy to give the club money and I've no issue with paying a little over the odds to do so, but sometimes it feels like a real fight to actually get my money to them.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet

Take a packed lunch :spam:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's just not as simple as that though, is it?

My post-match WSL (North end) experience was woeful. We didn't want to join the big train queue and are happy to linger, chat and have a pint or two.

But the queue for the train probably moved quicker than the catering queue I was in. Having seen people join the adjoining queue considerably later than I had, reach the front and get served we played the odds and I joined the back of that queue, leaving [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] in the original queue. I got to the front of my queue quicker than Edna who, by this time, had probably been queueing for close to 15 minutes. The guy then proceeded to get me a pint of Harveys - I wanted 2 pints of Strongbow. He then returned with 1 pint of Strongbow and I had to ask for the other one. All the while this was going on there must have been 8 catering staff gathered around a Harveys barrel/keg/whatever trying to get some out.

It was all painful and slow.

After the first pint we headed for the more welcoming (and efficient) environs of the Battle of Trafalgar.

I'm happy to give the club money and I've no issue with paying a little over the odds to do so, but sometimes it feels like a real fight to actually get my money to them.

In your favour you chose probably the best pub in the Brighton station area but I can understand uour frustration. My brother drinks Guinness and has got me doing the same as it is dispensed at a mobile bar and we get served very quickly. Thinking sbout it they may also serve Strongbow but it is cash only not e card.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Dicks 12.30pm
My first pint of Guinness (two pours):drink: came in a doubled up plastic glass coz they are prone to split said the girl.
On my second pint (ten minutes later):drink: she poured it out in one pour into a single plastic glass.
:mad:

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
So in essence you started a thread that you want no-one to respond to - I think we are hitting a new plain of NSC insanity here

I'm an attention seeker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here