Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

After 29 games last year!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
But Lopez and Orlandi were playing well, we had Bridge, and we were scoring goals.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I just want a game when we hit the heights of the best of Poyet under Oscar.

Then I can start to get more optimistic.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's done a fantastic job considering how much weaker our squad is and the injuries we've been plagued with all season.

However our form in the final third of last season was extraordinary, there is no way we will be able to match it or even come close.

And yet it still included naff matches as the home draw against Charlton....away draw against Bristol City (lucky to get points in both)...and defeat at Barnsley...the poor form of others helped if i recall correctly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You get no medals after 29 games, come back after 46 and see how close we are to last seasons points tally and position

Enjoy sucking that lemon for the rest of the season

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Were still loose.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
51 points left to get then.

You all realise that three times seventeen equals fifty-one, right?

No, I haven't got a point.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Oscar's done a fine job I think. It's a shame some people equate being quiet publicly with being clueless. The points tally has already proved that wrong. Poyet would've been unbearable given this season's injury list and the financial restrictions during the transfer window.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We should be doing better, our budget increased this season after all...

Lets see where we finish before getting too excited. We did go on a pretty amazing run at the end of last season.

At the beginning of the season I thought a top ten position would be decent enough. Not changed my mind on that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We should be doing better, our budget increased this season after all....

With all that's gone on, are you serious? I have to confess I have seen quite a few posts by level headed and knowledgeable Albion fans who are saying much the same as you :shrug:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
With all that's gone on, are you serious? I have to confess I have seen quite a few posts by level headed and knowledgeable Albion fans who are saying much the same as you :shrug:

I am not knocking Oscar. I imagine he is over-achieving on our budget in comparison to other teams at this level, if not quite as dramatically as Poyet.

Just don't think there is much mileage in comparing this season with last until it is all done and dusted. Oscar's budget increased this summer - that is a fact - but yes, we had injuries and the team is still there or thereabouts, which he deserves credit for.

But then again, we didn't have either Upson or Ulloa until January last year and the second half of last season will be very difficult to match this time round.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Bearing in mind we don't need to do as well as last season to make the playoffs (as we finished 4th), that's an encouraging stat.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am not knocking Oscar. I imagine he is over-achieving on our budget in comparison to other teams at this level, if not quite as dramatically as Poyet.

Just don't think there is much mileage in comparing this season with last until it is all done and dusted. Oscar's budget increased this summer - that is a fact - but yes, we had injuries and the team is still there or thereabouts, which he deserves credit for.

But then again, we didn't have either Upson or Ulloa until January last year and the second half of last season will be very difficult to match this time round.

Injuries, Poyet fall out and Oscar being new to England aside what I think we need to take into account is the way Oscar is bring through the development squad players. They need game time to adjust to the step up in class and they cannot be expected to be as solid as the very experienced players Gus brought in. OK the defence is ageing and occasionally creaks but has been pretty good overall, where we have to be patient is with Ince, March, JFC, Chicksen all of whom look good enough but lack experience of high pressure games in the Championship, they are the future of the club although they may not yet be top end players. If we do maintain a play off push I think it will be an incredible achievement rather than something we should be expecting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here