Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

21.00 Curfew

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Just a reminder those enjoying the fine taverns of Brighton post match. Your return rail/match ticket is only valid for travel up until 21.00. This was being stricrtly enforced last night by a 'gang' of no less than six ticket inspectors at Brighton who seemed to be gagging for a fight with anyone wearing a blue and white scarf. A**eholes.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just a reminder those enjoying the fine taverns of Brighton post match. Your return rail/match ticket is only valid for travel up until 21.00. This was being stricrtly enforced last night by a 'gang' of no less than six ticket inspectors at Brighton who seemed to be gagging for a fight with anyone wearing a blue and white scarf. A**eholes.

I cannot for the life of me see why it matters what time you decide to head home on your travel pass. Is it even legal to enforce it ? Surely it should be valid until the last train of the day or as is the norm with rail travel just the last train. I used my season ticket to travel to Brighton at 8.45 am yesterday and was half expecting a row.

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
From the club website......

Trains
Falmer Station is adjacent to the Amex Stadium North
concourse and it is just a couple of minutes’ walk from
the platform to the stadium. Between 11.30am and 9pm
for a 3pm kick-off or between 4.15pm and midnight for a
7.45pm kick-off, the cost of your travel on any train service
travelling within the red subsidised zone (right), is included
in your home league match day ticket.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I fell out with a bus driver over this. 'Free match-day travel' is at best misleading. I complained to the club but they just said 9.00 was plenty of time to get home.

It's a shame as it prevents people from going out and spending money in town. Not very community minded if you ask me.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I don't think it will prevent people from drinking in town after a match. Surely we are talking a maximum £5 single travel to get home inside the travel area.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Yep, I was one of those caught out at ten past nine.
Never had any grief before, the travel subsidy isn't really worth a great deal to me anymore if this is the case...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
What's the problem ? The conditions are clearly stated, it's for travel to and from the game not for a night on the ale

I think you've answered your own question.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
How will it prevent or even discourage people from going into Brighton? It's £3.60 Brighton to Shoreham, which is the edge of the zone, if you're going home after 9 for a 3pm kick off, I'd suggest you've spent that several times over.

I guess it's down to whether you see it as a right to free travel all day around Brighton, just because you've bought a ticket, or just the easiest workable solution to getting large numbers of people to and from the ground without having to check every single person.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I had a couple of run ins at Withdean on the rare occasions I had to get a bus going from Churchill Sq to meet people at Hove Station before getting a cab up but in their view going AWAY from the ground and therefore an invalid trip. After a short debate they relented

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What's the problem ? The conditions are clearly stated, it's for travel to and from the game not for a night on the ale

You would say that. You're a train company apologist.
You should travel when you want on the day. Jobsworth !

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i can only presume the train company has only just realised what it is supposed to be enforcing.

i cant be the only one who has turned up in Brighton at 10 am for some breakfast prior to beer well before the 1130 start time,and not encountered a single problem.

They are not the brightest sparks after all.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The train companies are perfectly within their rights to enforce these rules END.

That said, if they do, it is a very small minded action.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I knew there was a starting time but not a finishing time. The start times were printed on the paper tickets. Several times we travelled back after 9pm especially at Withdean when having a few drinks & games of pool with friends.
Since we moved to the Amex we don't stay so late anyway. Has it been changed since we moved or has it always been 9pm?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here