Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time Wasting

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Quite possibly the most frustrating thing in life.

So many times teams have come here, been drawing 0-0 or leading by a goal and just blatantly ****ed about to waste time without any consequences from the referee. Not usually one to moan as I know we do our fair share of it away from home (and it always winds me up too, so I'm no hypocrite) but **** me it's one of those things that needs to be looked at and harsher penalties introduced for. People pay a massive sum of money to watch football, not some ponce prat about taking a throw in/goal kick.

Couldn't have been happier when we scored, their number 3 and their keeper weren't finding it as difficult to carry out their duties after that :lolol:

Oh, and Donny are another tinpot outfit.

End of rant.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It is frustrating. But I'd want us to do it at 1-0 up with seconds left. You can't have it both ways.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
It is frustrating. But I'd want us to do it at 1-0 up with seconds left. You can't have it both ways.

With minutes left, totally (albeit the Albion are possibly the worst time wasters in the history of the art) but teams like Bournemouth, Donny etc come here and do it from the 50th minute. Embarrassing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah yes. Bournemouth. They were monumentally tedious. It's an Eddie Howe thing- he seems to have this reputation as a blue-eyed golden boy whose teams play lovely football. But he's actually a sneaky little weasel who sets up his teams to take gamesmanship to new levels in the hope of frustrating opponents into making a mistake or lashing out. Bournemouth were painful to watch.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And Millwall from the 20th!

Millwall I could understand as they were deep in relegation worries and bang off form. But Bournemouth were more or less mid table. Yet they were utterly shameless about their constant pissing around & delaying tactics.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Getting a point at the Amex is seen as a result by many clubs so you could argue this is a compliment all the time wasting.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
What really annoyed about yesterday was that the Doncaster goalkeeper started wasting time even in the first half and despite the crowd yelling at the ref about it, he took no notice at all. I even mentioned to the bloke next to me that it was so bad I thought the goalie had gone on his holidays at one stage! In the second half, when we were leading, PIG went to take a goal kick and the ref started giving him the big get on with it. Talk about inconsistency.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So I assume Albion Never have or never will time waste?

All teams time waste, its frustrating but if you score early its not an issue.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Our warming down substitutes didn't pass the ball from obviously off-field positions to Kuszczak when were 1-0 up and looking to waste some time, and if in the away end i'd certainly be annoyed by that when so much mattered in the remaining minutes to snatch the game back our way. But it's the done thing and you can't expect teams to play the way you want them to.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
What irritated me most about the Number three was that he blatantly continued time-wasting when taking throw ins even after his booking, safe in the knowledge that the referee was very unlikely to send him off for it. Refs need to clamp down on it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Time wasters should get one or two warnings at most before getting booked rather than token yellow cards in the 90th minute.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Time wasting is endemic now, and from the first half, which amazes me. How does anyone know what they might need to do in the last 10 mins of a game. I am sure it was the case that timewasting only occurred late on in games which took place late in the season when I were a lad.

However, we have had two masters of the art, Messrs Kuipers and Ankergren.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here