Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly March

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Very impressed with him yesterday. Hope he gets another chance against Leeds.
Just shows you the talent you have on your own doorstep and why this new training ground / academy is so important.
Glad Oscar gives these players a go.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I told a mate/Leeds fan a year ago we've got this young lad Called Solly March who's gonna be the next Ryan Giggs :)
I'd love it if Solly starts Tuesday against Leeds and becomes the MOTM and scores the winner

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
One thing I like about Oscar is he's not afraid to give youngsters a chance and with FFP coming into force it's going to be an important part of our future, Solly still has some work to do on his game but he looks an exciting prospect.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I told a mate/Leeds fan a year ago we've got this young lad Called Solly March who's gonna be the next Ryan Giggs :)
I'd love it if Solly starts Tuesday against Leeds and becomes the MOTM and scores the winner

He was my MOTM yesterday Mr.S . Totally agree about solly. First saw him against Norwich pre season. I rated him then and more so now.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
He was my MOTM yesterday Mr.S . Totally agree about solly. First saw him against Norwich pre season. I rated him then and more so now.

He was brilliant against Norwich MR ms and what a goal, surprised he hasn't had more game time tbh
( my Leeds mate did say a couple of weeks ago "where's this Solly March then you were raving about") ROLL ON TUESDAY

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A very bright prospect. Surprised that he doesn't use his whole first name. It sounds classy.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I don't know how long his deal runs for but I very much hope it's a long one! With JFC, Ince, Dunk, Chicksen and March all coming through the future is looking bright :albion2:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I don't know how long his deal runs for but I very much hope it's a long one! With JFC, Ince, Dunk, Chicksen and March all coming through the future is looking bright :albion2:

To which you can add Christian Walton, Tom Dallison, Glen Rea, Emil Asmundsson and Jesse Starkey from the current Devt Squad + Dickenson, Maksimenko and Goodwin all out on loan to league clubs until the end of the season. They may not all come through to the right level but there's plenty of potential there.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Agree a very good solid performance and is maturing very well as a footballer .Yes agree March was just what we needed in February.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I didn't realise quite how much technical ability he had until yesterday's game. His confidence is going to soar after a performance like that and he'll be a quick learner. I can imagine the conversation this time next year won't be so much about whether Solly can claim a regular place in our team - it could well be about whether we can hold on to him.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Time to resurrect the 70s "Sully" chant, amended to "Solly" (to the tune of 'Amazing Grace').

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You could watch a highlights package of him yesterday and have a very diverting five minutes. Superb at times. Bold, direct, confident, head up. And came across as such a nice guy in the radio interview afterwards.

Oscar Garcia is here to bring players like March and Ince and the other young players along as much as anything else. The future is very, very bright.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Think he could turn into our own Adam Johnson style play - forgive the sunderland link. Quite similar in his style of play when he was at Boro. Been looking forward to him getting game time since that wonder strike at Norwich. Great strength on the ball despite his size. Went missing in the second half but very solid first 45. Would like to see him used against Leeds - just seems to be more direct with more intent of beating his man which is exactly what many of us are crying out for.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Kinda glad we dent get Conway (as we didnt lose Buckley..any news on his injury?)....as i doubt we would have seen March yesterday.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He did well. Needs the confidence to look up and put the killer final ball in, that will come with experience.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here