Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Murray

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good luck Glen you deserve your chance in the premiership but still hope Palarse get relegated

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Despite the fact it will be for the Palace I'll be very glad to see him get a chance in the Prem. If Guys hadn't decided to sign CMS rather than keep Murray it may well have been with us. Poyet's biggest mistake.

Why you decide to let a player that scores in your system go for free then spend 2.5m on a player that didn't fit in with your system or fail to build a team that works around him I'll never know.

This plus paying CMS's more than Murray was asking for .

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Fool. We didn't let you have him.

He was a free agent when you signed him.

If you'd wanted to keep him, he would have stayed, it's that simple.

You didn't offer him the money we offered him (despite spending 5 million on replacement strikers) so you can look at it your way but you had an almighty opportunity to keep him but chose not to.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you'd wanted to keep him, he would have stayed, it's that simple.

You didn't offer him the money we offered him (despite spending 5 million on replacement strikers) so you can look at it your way but you had an almighty opportunity to keep him but chose not to.

At the time there was a distinction between the budget for transfers and a budget for wages. Poyet had it changed into one pot the season, after which made getting players easier.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because our club control their spending on wages unlike yours whose aim apoears to be to go into administrstion yet once again and thus turn over more small businesses.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Despite the fact it will be for the Palace I'll be very glad to see him get a chance in the Prem. If Guys hadn't decided to sign CMS rather than keep Murray it may well have been with us. Poyet's biggest mistake.
But our manager doesn't choose how much we offer players. He can simply tell Burke etc that he'd like a player, and then it's out of Gus's hands.

How is it you know it was Gus's decision to offer Murray less? That seems contrary to all we've been told about our setup.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At the time there was a distinction between the budget for transfers and a budget for wages. Poyet had it changed into one pot the season, after which made getting players easier.

Hmm I think that was Poyet's spin to cover his dreadful decision. In fact I seem to recall talk of that excuse really pissing Bloom off because it wasn't actually true or set in stone. Poyet wanted CMS rather than Murray, end of story IMO.

Hope he does well, even if it is for Palace, I have a lot of time for GM

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Given that you supposedly pipped West Ham and Leicester to the transfer of CMS, I'd suggest you'd offered him a fairly hefty salary.

Anyway, good to see a lot of you have posted some nice messages about Glenn, Judas he may be to you but he's an incredibly modest professional.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But our manager doesn't choose how much we offer players. He can simply tell Burke etc that he'd like a player, and then it's out of Gus's hands.

How is it you know it was Gus's decision to offer Murray less? That seems contrary to all we've been told about our setup.

Didn't think Burke was at the club at the time Murray's contract ended ???

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Good luck Judas. I hope he does a Ricky Lambert.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Given that you supposedly pipped West Ham and Leicester to the transfer of CMS, I'd suggest you'd offered him a fairly hefty salary.

Anyway, good to see a lot of you have posted some nice messages about Glenn, Judas he may be to you but he's an incredibly modest professional.

CMS said himself he chose us even though we were offering less money. Sven wasn't around to meet him when he went to Leicester and that Gus made a point of showing him around. He also said that the Amex being near the university was a factor as he wanted to study whilst he was with us.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
haha class. Wonder when the mug who is funding this circus gets bored and the Sea Girls end up at the Withdean again

Us in the Conference South playing on a grass patch adjacent to a large, rusty silage tank in front of 231 people is preferable to being Crystal Palace.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Us in the Conference South playing on a grass patch adjacent to a large, rusty silage tank in front of 231 people is preferable to being Crystal Palace.

Careful what you wish for botty .

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Didn't like to see him stretched off in the play-offs and very happy for him to see him back. Hope he goes on to score goals and gets a move to a decent team that he deserves

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Must admit I was surprisingly delighted for him when I saw him run on to the pitch in that match at the weekend. Then clocked the kit and had to give myself a slap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here