Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shameless self-promotion

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Rodriguez looks like a man who is a striker first and a winger second. He made numerous attacking runs on the shoulder of the last defender and was often left wanting as the throughballs he looks to thrive on never came. When the passes did come, they would come too late for his run and he would be left offside. He is clearly a hard worker and very quick; two attributes that will make him popular with the Albion faithful. As he gets used to his role and his colleagues get used to him, expect him to grow in stature and start scoring – if he gets the service he could find himself through on goal with devastating frequency.

On the opposite wing, Solly March was a constant threat and signalled his intent by taking the ball from the fullback, skinning him and winning a freekick from the desperate lunge. His decision making might be patchy at times, and he faded from prominence as the game went on, but he is young and as he gets more experienced he’ll get better and better.

:thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Where it comes into its own is in the two paragraphs that DumLum highlights. It was fascinating to hear your early perspective on a new Albion player, and also on what Solly March was trying to achieve on the other flank. From your writing, it sounds like you have a good handle on the strategies each team was using, how they tried to nullify each other, and the particular strengths and form of key players. My advice is to emphasise these aspects as most of us would have either have watched the match or read a match report by the time your blog post has been written.

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Where it comes into its own is in the two paragraphs that DumLum highlights. It was fascinating to hear your early perspective on a new Albion, and also on what Solly March was trying to achieve on the other flank. From your writing, it sounds like you have a good handle on the strategies each team was using, how they tried to nullify each other, and the particular strengths and form of key players. My advice is to emphasise these aspects as most of us would have either have watched the match or read a match report by the time your blog post has been written.

Thanks - maybe after the Leeds game I'll look at the system we use and how effective it is as Leeds should be a different prospect to Donny

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've personally noticed March is very left footed but that doesn't matter too much as his
Left is v nice :)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've personally noticed March is very left footed but that doesn't matter too much as his
Left is v nice :)

He's like a young Craig Noone, which is fine by me as I was a fan of Nooney. Small, nimble and gets everyone excited when he runs with the ball

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here