Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickov Interview

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Do these managers watch the same game as the rest of us,Donny definitely didn't have the best chances, they weren't unlucky,they got excactly what they deserved, nowt

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
"We feel a bit unlucky. We were outstanding today"

Words fail me........

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Doncaster were poor in first half, but they improved after half time and they did create the best chance of the game when Sharp missed a free header from 6 yards out when it was 0-0. Coppinger had a good chance soon after.

For all our possession how many shots did their goalkeeper really have to work hard to save? 1 or 2?

Therefore I can understand that Dickov felt they could have got something out of the game.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
So Dickov reckons that Donny were "outstanding" today and "had far more clear cut chances"
Is he on some sort of heavy medication or are they that ****ing bad Donny, that this was performance of the season so far in his point of view??? What a ****ing loony toon , lost some respect for him after reading that pile of drivel.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Doncaster were poor in first half, but they improved after half time and they did create the best chance of the game when Sharp missed a free header from 6 yards out when it was 0-0. Coppinger had a good chance soon after.

For all our possession how many shots did their goalkeeper really have to work hard to save? 1 or 2?

Therefore I can understand that Dickov felt they could have got something out of the game.

The header that Sharp put wide in the 2nd half was no better chance than the header Ulloa put wide in the 1st half, The only way Doncaster were going to get something out of the game was if they stopped us scoring.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Managers of sides at the bottom have to come out with this shit to encourage their team and save their own skin. In footballing terms they were as bad as anything I've seen this season in the Championship. Yes they has a couple of chances but blazed them off target. PIG had a comfortable afternoon.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I get what he's saying about the chances, as Sharp did put a sitter wide in the second half. But to suggest they were outstanding is ludicrous, I thought they were a poor side, lacking in any kind of ambition. Only #14 at the back impressed me (Khumalo?). The rest were mediocre.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Look at the stats under the report, we had 17 shots, 6 of which was on target, they had 5 shots, only2 of which were on target, as I said early, they got what they deserved. They were also very cynical in their niggly little fouls, and blatant time wasting

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A manager will always talk up his team's performance if they go to an away match to a higher-placed side and come away with a narrow 1-0 defeat.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Defensively they were very good. They were disciplined, in tune with one another. They kept a high line when they could, when we managed to push them back they crowded their area limiting our options and snuffing out the danger. And they managed to get a few attacks in, with some good chances to score.

So, I can see why doncaster can view it as a good performance. I would say outstanding might be over stating it, and should have only been used if they converted one of their chances, but I didn't think they were as bad as some other people in this thread suggest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First half they were utterly shocking! Worst team I've seen in a lg game at Amex. Like watching a pub team. We should've hit 3 or 4. Second half they were much better tbh...

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Defensively they were very good. They were disciplined, in tune with one another. They kept a high line when they could, when we managed to push them back they crowded their area limiting our options and snuffing out the danger. And they managed to get a few attacks in, with some good chances to score.

So, I can see why doncaster can view it as a good performance. I would say outstanding might be over stating it, and should have only been used if they converted one of their chances, but I didn't think they were as bad as some other people in this thread suggest.

I think it's about expectancy. We've been much worse than Donny in a number of away games this season, in that we never went for a win IMHO. They battled, worked hard and could easily gone in front, but for a missed header from 6 yards. I've seen worse teams than them this season, that's for sure.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
First half they were utterly shocking! Worst team I've seen in a lg game at Amex. Like watching a pub team. We should've hit 3 or 4. Second half they were much better tbh...

I don't think they were shocking in the first half. Very little attacking intent but any loose balls in and around their penalty area was mainly gobbled up by a player in red and white. You could see the spirit draining out of the Albion as the half-time whistle blew. It was a classic away performance of a team battling relegation at a side higher up the table.

Having established solid foundations, they then preceded to try to nick a goal, which they could easily have had off Sharp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here