Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missed How many Donny fans at the amex today??

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Sorry re the tame thread.

I am sure I will get abuse for asking this - but missed the announcement, and cannot find anyway?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Was it 438? Memory is dulled by alcohol.

In other words, only a quarter of the number that came down for the first game. The much smaller away attendances have been very noticeable this season. What would they have paid today? £28? Is this much more than they paid last time?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Totally agree ! No way was there anywhere near 27009 in the Amex today one of the lowest crowds so far this season if not since it opened for a league match.
Surely the only way you can get a true and accurate number is if it registers your season ticket as you go through the turnstiles or your purchased match day ticket ticket when you go through including any corporate and 1901 etc etc !
So basically only activated tickets that day so it doesn't count people who don't turn up on the day.
It certainly isn't doing that way at the moment.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No way was there 400 + Donny either I would say half of that.
They brought three coaches so max 159 on those and I would say another hundred by other means.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In other words, only a quarter of the number that came down for the first game. The much smaller away attendances have been very noticeable this season. What would they have paid today? £28? Is this much more than they paid last time?

New stadium ticked off the list for many and now in hard times I suppose many people are choosing not to go to as many games as they once did. Let's face it, football is taking the piss out of fans when you compare the cost of going to the ridiculous wages players get. I hope football eats itself sooner rather than later.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
New stadium ticked off the list for many and now in hard times I suppose many people are choosing not to go to as many games as they once did. Let's face it, football is taking the piss out of fans when you compare the cost of going to the ridiculous wages players get. I hope football eats itself sooner rather than later.

I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't have been pleased to pay £28 to see today's game. What are the Leeds fans being charged? Of course, it could still be less that what we paid up there (I didn't go - bad fan).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I couldn't agree more. I wouldn't have been pleased to pay £28 to see today's game. What are the Leeds fans being charged? Of course, it could still be less that what we paid up there (I didn't go - bad fan).

To be honest, it wasn't a dig at our club in particular but football in general in terms of ticket prices and players wages.

Donny have proper fans who will pay to watch their team week in week out as they're very rarely going to be on tv. Proper fans are being hit by the cost of going to football on a regular basis.

Leeds WILL fill their end, even on a Tuesday night. They've a big following nationwide due to the success they enjoyed in the 70's especially. There will be quite a few Southern based fans there on Tuesday night that might only go to one or two Leeds games a season (probably our one and a London one). And of course, whatever division the 'Champions of Europe' are in, they'll have a good handful of live games on the telly each season as well - guaranteed! :rolleyes:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
How are people so poor at estimating numbers? It definitely looked like 400 odd Donny. Considering their position and home support I didn't think they were bad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here