Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst guest beer ever?

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
Todays offering of "Winter Chocolate Biscuit, brewed by the Batemans Brewer" has got to go down as the WORST guest beer ever offered at Falmer.
Yes it did what it said on the tin,it tasted of chocolate, it even tasted of Chocolate biscuit but downing a pint was bloody hard work,even after 4 pints of Harveys I could still taste it.
what did you make of it?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Todays offering of "Winter Chocolate Biscuit, brewed by the Batemans Brewer" has got to go down as the WORST guest beer ever offered at Falmer.
Yes it did what it said on the tin,it tasted of chocolate, it even tasted of Chocolate biscuit but downing a pint was bloody hard work,even after 4 pints of Harveys I could still taste it.
what did you make of it?

I quite liked it, as a sort of novelty thing. Couldn't drink it all the time though. Had two pints and then returned to more conventional choices. I think it's good that we have some unusual and eccentric guest beer options. It means you get to try some different brew that you would otherwise. By comparison with some of the other stadiums we go to on away days, the choice and variety of drink at the Amex isn't bad. Some places have no ale at all, just bland industrial lagers. And Watford last week sold no alcohol in the concourses at all. Don't think we have much to complain about TBH.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
Not moaning but would rather Dark Star got another run, I was keen to try it I love to experiment with new Beers but 5 hours later I can still taste it.

You are right in that we are luckier than some but we need a true alternative to Harveys.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Didn't try it as it was only sold in the centre kiosk of the NS which doesn't sell pies, I assume there is some logic there, but I thought today's special pie was the worst in two and a half seasons. Didn't help that it was like warm either though.

MCW

Jan 5, 2012
Didn't try it as it was only sold in the centre kiosk of the NS which doesn't sell pies, I assume there is some logic there, but I thought today's special pie was the worst in two and a half seasons. Didn't help that it was like warm either though.

Could not work out what ingredients constituted a "Sussex Pie",the Welsh Leeks or the french Garlic.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I liked it. Better than any dark star beer I've tried and Batemans are a fantastic brewers, often sampled at Peterborough away.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I liked it, but to say it's better than Darkstar is laughable

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought the Sussex Pie was the best 'Special' Pie ever. Another Dark Star fan here too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here