Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone sit near constant moaners ?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
The only audible sound coming from the East Stand was a groan at Spanish Dave's introduction.

Not much groaning after his deft free kick or cracking shot.
T'is a shame he misplaced a pass to KLL, it's all the justification people like that need.

I don't think he's been anywhere near as bad as people make out.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think I am lucky where I sit, WSU F. Don't hear much moaning, the odd mumble but nothing bad and not directed at any particular player. Must be very lucky. When I watch today I just saw players trying their best, yes they may not be perfect and not everything goes for them, but they try and if they did do everything perfectly they would not be playing in the championship. I am bloody proud of our players and its great to see the youngsters like Ince and March doing so well. All I expect of a player who puts on the shirt is to do their best. The only player I have not liked since we moved to the Amex was Ryan Harley, lazy, arrogant tw@t, but I never moaned about it while he was here.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Semi bald idiot behind me. Row 0. West lower, block F. Seat 136ish. Sits there on his iPhone all game reading out Premier league scores and moaning about the Albion. Everyone hates him

You must be behind me, are we talking about the ex Barnes hater?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Semi bald idiot behind me. Row 0. West lower, block F. Seat 136ish. Sits there on his iPhone all game reading out Premier league scores and moaning about the Albion. Everyone hates him

Has no-one suggested he stays at home and watches Soccer Saturday?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Most people where I sit were getting a little aggrieved with the passing backwards from promising positions as was I. Even Oscar was a tad agitated by it as well

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I was moaning today - mostly about my season ticket not being in the north stand, and the east stand being the very thing the Donnie fans accused us of making it - a far-king library. Roll-on renewal time when I can swap and get into a part of the ground with some atmosphere. It felt like being at the movies today - everyone sitting there waiting for something to happen that might prompt them into some gentle applause.

I should add that the east stand was a choice to gently ease my missus into going to games but she's more desperate to get into the north than even I am. I guess there must be someone there she fancies. :kiss:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For anyone in the WSL higher up rows I'm sure they hear the constant moaning from some bloke and his little chum. Led to words (very much handbags and very laughable) between him and and another after today's goal.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm in Row Y, N1D and it's a great bunch all around, the odd 'For f*ck's sake' but no players are targeted as far as I can tell.

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, the fella next to us who's hatred for Barnes was extraordinary.... has moved his hatred to Mr Greer. Moaned about everything he did for the whole game.

Nob.

My guess is WSU just to the right of the half way line about row M or N?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yeah and he wouldn't shut it until we scored, I'm sick of it and I'm asking the club if I can move on Monday he's winding me up, it's every game! Everyone is shit in his eyes and when we score he stays sitting down the stupid ****

Extraordinary behaviour. That is taking moaning to a whole new level.
I sometimes wonder what is going through peoples heads they must have a very sad and lonely life.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think he's been anywhere near as bad as people make out.

I've been saying that all season. He has put in some good crosses, but the one solitary man in the box is then easily defended by the three or four defenders, he has done all he can, bar passing the ball back to Kuszczak, and needs the receiving player to get in front of his man for people to recognise the crosses.

There was an incident in the game today, may or may not have been Lopez, but the ball was put across the edge of the box, going from the right to an unmarked KLL on the left. No one in the middle touched the ball as it went, so people were moaning at the cross and the waste of ball instead of paying attention and seeing it go to Kaz because they thought it was meant for someone in the middle.

That's the sort of moaning that winds me up most, the moans that have more to do with the fans belief of what is fair expectation than the actual on field stuff.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I moan when I think we are are poor, which I thought we were today. I cheer enthusiastically when we play well. I try to back the team when we are mediocre/average. I take the rough with the smooth and have done for 47 years. Still going.

A question for the people who don't moan; how do you differentiate between a superb heart-stopping performance (like at home to Palace last season) and a complete arse of a game (eg Newport this season)?
You are ****ing joking aren't you...?

When the blokes in the Brighton shirts play well, get on top and score goals then you jump around and shout your head off,loving the brilliance of the whole thing.

When the blokes in the Brighton shirts struggle and don't play very well then you sit there and watch quite unhappy and hoping they will turn it round. What you don't do is start slagging off our players.

It is really quite easy to understand.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
TBH I moan a hell of a lot during games and my eldest boy keeps reminding me! Strange really because I'm a very positive person generally.
I think it's mainly to do with what I consider very good players just not performing to their natural ability and letting themselves down.

I know they don't mean to f**k up, but it just feels so many times they should do better!
Every game I promise I won't swear too much, but just doesn't work out that way!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I must not complain when we play boring shit football or even consider moaning about the club in general
I must not complain when we play boring shit football or even consider moaning about the club in general

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You sound like a glass half empty ****

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The miserable gits behind me are now totally at a loss, now they can't slag off Barnes for 90 mins.
I genuinely believe they looked forward to their weekly moan about what a bad player he was, sometimes even if it was not even Ash that had missed a chance, lost control etc but another player!
Comment of the day for me today was when Leo scored, the first thing one of the idiots said when the celebrations stoped was " lucky that wasn't Barnes in the box"!
FFS give me strength.

Probably a big influence on Barnes moving from the Albion... tell them to remember...You are supposed to be SUPPORTERS...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

excellent.

more naming and shaming is required.

i lost my rag at a moaner once at Withdean,2 seasons of the bellend and i finally snapped.Probably crossed the line when i mentioned how ugly his wife was but it felt pretty damn good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here