Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Pony or is my vision pony? I vote pony :hilton:

If we had anyone decent to cover him I'd say drop him, let's DEMAND he gets stripped of captaincy

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Agree with OPs comments.
Never gets on the end of a corner - what the **** is he doing.
I bet Upson got sick and tired of Greer constantly passing him the ball.
Mind you he did get Sharp sent off. - What happened there as some pillock walked in front of as it happened?

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Shouldn't be be captain next season. He doesn't seem to be much of a motivator on the field and with another CB signed he might struggle for the starting 11.

Not sure who would be first choice to take over though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Not pony, but looking a very average Championship defender at the moment.

I think his lack of oace is getting more and more exposed. Fortunate to have Upson alongside him.

Summer refresh of the defence is badly needed.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought he had a pretty poor game today, he was constantly 5 yards deeper than the rest of our players, playing doncaster onside, often allowing them deep into our area putting us under pressure at times, coupled with his bad distribution both in the decision of which pass to make, and the execution of the pass.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
There were times today when I thought our defence looked uncharacteristically shakey. If we play like that against Leeds we might have a problem.

rjbseagull

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure how people can moan at Greer when he's part of such a tight defensive outfit. Personally think he's been having a pretty decent season

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I thought he had a pretty poor game today, he was constantly 5 yards deeper than the rest of our players, playing doncaster onside, often allowing them deep into our area putting us under pressure at times, coupled with his bad distribution both in the decision of which pass to make, and the execution of the pass.

Sorry to say that agree with this. Looks like confidence has gone after mistake at Watford.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I think this year he's looked pretty poor, too casual. Casuals okay if you are on top of your game and last few weeks he certainly isn't

I think this May be his last season as captain, think we need someone who shouts and demands his team onwards

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Has he though? Watford he was obviously poor but no game sticks out apart from that. And as I said you can't really complain about our defensive record

I haven't complained about the defensive record, I've said that for big chunks of this season he's been a liability which he has. Wigan away Greer gives the ball to holt springs to mind. In my mind our captain should work the hardest and lead with his performance, Greer was neither today by some way.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Sharp lashed out with his elbow, didnt connect. Suspect intent or the thought he had connected was the reason for his sending off.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
He was the one that 'lost' Billy Sharp to give him the free header that he should have scored from.

Not the same standard as last season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here