Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lets hope these results don't keep papering over the cracks.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Its so obvious we need to get 2 players up front...

This is possibly one of the most dullest teams to watch I have seen. once in 7 games at home have we have scored more than 2 goals and twice in the last 14 games total.

Keep pretending everything is ok by winning 1-0 and all will be fine...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Two extra players up front to do what?
We have three wingers & three strikers, with number four on the way back.

Only worth gettting extra players if they are an improvement.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Disagree with this.
I have been very focal about how dull things have been this season and how negative the tactics have been but for me today was anything but dull and a real step in the right direction.
For me today the 1 upfront was dropped and we played a more attacking 433. March and Rodriguez supported Ulloa and the central midfield also had a more attacking look to it.
Really enjoyed today and it was only the final ball that stopped us scoring far more rather than the tactics or team selection.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
For god sake. We win a game of football and people moan. FFS, threads like this really piss me off. 3 points is all that matters at this part of the season, especially with so many other teams today dropping points.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Today was the first time I saw a centre midfielder (Dale Stephens) enter the oppositions penalty area 3 times in one half! Progress!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Its so obvious we need to get 2 players up front...

This is possibly one of the most dullest teams to watch I have seen. once in 7 games at home have we have scored more than 2 goals and twice in the last 14 games total.

Keep pretending everything is ok by winning 1-0 and all will be fine...

We once got promoted by winning -10 games 1 nil Zamora but I suspect you never went then?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
the gap we need to fill is a creative central midfield player who can pass

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Looks like we're not going to play with a DM like Bridcutt. As soon as the midfield start to play direct balls through the channels we'll be ok.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Team in transition and doing ok given all that has gone on since the play off semi. Patience is required.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
For god sake. We win a game of football and people moan. FFS, threads like this really piss me off. 3 points is all that matters at this part of the season, especially with so many other teams today dropping points.

Agree 3 points is what matters but did you find the second half exciting? Apart from the goal.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
We once got promoted by winning -10 games 1 nil Zamora but I suspect you never went then?

Obviously if anyone says anything remotely critical they obviously new fan and therefore don't count. pathetic..... WHat relevance does how many years people go to games for?

Doncaster were terrible yet we barely scrapped past them. you obviously get so much enjoyment watching peope who are paid 100k a year to pass balls across the box 5 yards behind everyone, To watch Ulloa continually playing in the flanks with no one within 25 yards of him.

I must admit I was throughlly entertained by our tremendous flair, pace and attractive free flowing football today. -Long may it continue.

Grow up...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Start the game with 2 wide men who were cutting in or going wide and a creative attacking midfielder, win and people still say 2 up top. Oh dear

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Today wasn't dull whatsoever, especially first half. No idea what game you were watching. Frustrating watching us play class football and not apply the finishing touch, yes, but NOT dull.

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
Disagree with this.
I have been very focal about how dull things have been this season and how negative the tactics have been but for me today was anything but dull and a real step in the right direction.
For me today the 1 upfront was dropped and we played a more attacking 433. March and Rodriguez supported Ulloa and the central midfield also had a more attacking look to it.
Really enjoyed today and it was only the final ball that stopped us scoring far more rather than the tactics or team selection.
Exactly how i saw it today too,is this the way Oscar prefers to play but hasn't had the players available to do it?
Despite only scoring one today i thought we had much more of a threat going forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here