Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
From those at the game please.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Kuszczak-7-Claimed a fair few crosses but distribution shaky
Ward-7.5-Assisted the goal and got a couple of decent crosses in, shame he wasn't on D-Rod's wavelength sometimes though
Greer-5.5-A lot of aimless long balls to no one and was lucky that Sharp missed a free header
Upson-8-Solid
Bruno-7-Good going forward and ok defensively
Ince-8.5-Won a lot in the middle of the park today, tidied up very well
Stephens-6.5-Went about his job quietly
March-8-Very pacy and skillful, delivery a bit disappointing at times
Orlandi-7.5-Couple of decent deliveries from set pieces
Rodriguez-8.5-MOTM-Very pacy and intelligent, hopefully him and Ward can build up a partnership
Ulloa-7-Fairly quiet but won a fair few flick ons and got the goal

Subs
LuaLua-7-Threatening as always, was his 'assist' really offside?
Lopez-N/A
Obika-N/A

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Tomas -6- didn't have much to do. Crosses were bit tricky to deal with due to wind
Bruno -5- gave ball away too often due to lack of concentration
Greer -5- his passing was poor today
Upson -6- tried to be too intricate at times
Ward -7- best of the defenders got forward well
Ince -7- MOTM - was a great sight to see him stride across pitch and close down their defenders
Stephens -6- solid game but nothing spectacular
Orlandi -6- did ok but need his creativity to make chances
March -7- terrorised their defence early on but faded in 2nd half
Rodney -6- worked hard and battled a lot.
Ulloa -7- took his goal well , had a difficult game against their defenders

Lualua - 7- his pace causes problems wish he would start a game
David -5- needed his experience to see us through at the end but couldn't keep possession
Obika - N/A

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
poor match in very difficult conditions

TK 6.5
Bruno 7
GG 7
Upson 8
Ward 7
Orlandi 6
Ince 7
Solly 7
Dale 6
Leo 6
Dave R 6.5

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tomas 5 Nearly caught out by long balls a couple of times and kicking woeful. Can only assume his yellow boots are sponsored by Fyffes.
Bruno 7 some typical flair moments and fewer catastrophes. Looked our most creative player
Greer 5 Too many long balls and looks like he will get caught in possession too often
Upson 6 Still a bit wobbly by his own standards of excellence
Ward 6 Great cross for the goal, defending adequate but beaten too easily
Ince 5 Good breaking up play but too many simple balls went to opponents
Stephens 5 Some fine blocks but he and Ince alongside each other means zero creativity
March 5 Started well but bizarre decision to move him into more central role curbed his effectiveness. When he's on the ball exciting, but it doesn't happen often enough
Orlandi 5 Our lock picker clearly left his tools at home
Ulloa 6 One goal, one offside goal, one booking, looked better with a foil playing off him.
Rod 5 Certainly fast, Not sure of his effectiveness but worthy of a other start Tuesday

Subs

Kaz 6 Gets people off their seats but still frustrating
Dave 5 Continues to be very meh compared to last season
Obika 5 Not sure he is the answer to our striking concerns.

We were the better team today but Rovers could easily have scored one or two.

Too much possession in our own third of the pitch followed by aimless hoofs.

Last edited:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
What is Stephens role? is he holding, or a midfield general, or box to box, or a jockey-ball-watch-go-missing type?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Kuszczak-6 did not have much to do but when he was called tried to be a bit flash and cocked up a couple of times kicking reminded me of FDM
Ward-7 If it was not for Ince covering this could have been a nightmare but overall did ok
Greer-7 I thought he had little to do but what he did was ok
Upson-7 Mr consistent
Bruno-7-Had a good game but the more I think about it Doncaster really posed little threat
Ince- 8.5 my MOM for what it's worth this lad will be a real star in a couple of years lets hope it with us in the Premiership
Stephens-7 fitted in ok on this one showing not sure he is much of an improvement hope it's that he just needs a few weeks to settle
March-7 lot to learn but learning all the time
Orland- 7 for a player of his ability very quite game
Rodriguez-8 Like the look of him works hard looks quick wants to run at defenders good first touch a definite improvement on what we have had
Ulloa-7.5 great goal should have been two looking better than of late still not at his best hope Rod will help with that

Subs
Luar Luar 6 not on very long but made an impression
Lopez-6 steadied the ship for final moments
Obika- 5 the wife thinks he is good but I am less so impressed not given nearly enough time to show what he can do

Coaching staff- 7- looked much more engaged today good work team

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All 6 apart from Ward, Upson, March and Bruno 7.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
TK 6
Bruno 8
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ward 7
Ince 6.5
Stephens 6
Orlandi 6
March 7.5
Ulloa 6
Rodriguez 6.5

Lua Lua 7

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fook knows what game i was watching i thought March was far and away our best player today , we have a little diamond in the rough emerging i reckon

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kusz 7 - not much to do but did it very well, bit slow distributing at times but has to be given the options to distribute to.

Bruno 8 - always wanted it, always running, a constant and consistent attacking outlet. Bit casual defensively but offers so much more going forward than Calde.
Upson 7 - solid
Greer 7.5 - couple of really intelligent, calm decisions at 1-0 up.
Ward 9 - MoM. Delivered 3 top class crosses, and barely put a foot wrong.

Ince 7.5 - solid game. Hilarious when he got a standing ovation for rescuing a situation he created by being clumsy in the first place, an incredibly English moment there.
Stephens 7 - solid, works hard and puts in a tackle.
Orlandi 6.5 - mixed.

March 8 - really well played, very confident and positive, everything coming through him and Bruno in the excellent first 30 mins.
Rodriguez 7 - flitted about but wasn't played in enough, looks a handful.
Ulloa 6 - would be a 5 but for the goal. Didn't look interested whatsoever, casually strolling back from offside numerous times and was more bothered about getting a foul than winning headers half the time. Hope the goal helps the real Leo come back, we REALLY need him.

Kaz 8 - played intelligently and a good outlet.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Ward, Upson, March, Ince and Bruno 7, the rest 6 apart from - Stephens 5 (I really hope this was 1st game at the Amex nerves) and Greer 3 (distribution was so poor)

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
March was the best Ive seen him yet. Looking so promising. I'd maybe argue that he's gonna be more important to the team than incey... Talking of which, Rohan proving his worth, though still building in confidence.
I think Rodney is going to prove to be an asset. For a first home game he looked like he'd already settled in.
Funny old game today. We looked so strong. This place would have been a bin fest had we drawn today.
A crucial result for the teams mental well being in my opinion. Especially after those away games.
Roll on Tuesday night now.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Kusczack 7
Bruno 8 perhaps our best player today
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ward 7
Ince 8
Orlandi 6
Stephens 6
Rodriguez 6
March 7
Ulloa 5 good goal but otherwise poor. The guy we signed last season would've scored 4 today.

We were awful after a bright start.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Kuszczak - 6 - hardly anything to do - distribution shocking
Bruno - 7 - a lot of good, but some of his passes went astray
Ward - 8 - played well throughout, great cross for the goal
Greer - 5 - Did some bizarre things at times today, looked nervy post Watford. Passing very poor
Upson - 7 - covered Greer throughout. A rock as always
Stephens - 6 - Will get better.
Ince - 7 - Another good performance
Orlandi - 6 - some good things, tired
March - 8 - great tricks, fast feet, great balance........... no need for another winger
Rodriguez - 8 - every time he got the ball he looked dangerous
Ulloa - 6 - Off the pace. Looked cumbersome and lazy in the first half. Would be a 5 if not for the goal.

KLL - 7 - looked dangerous when he came on
Lopez - 6 - good shot that went close, nothing else
Obika - N/A

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Kusczack 7
Bruno 8 perhaps our best player today
Greer 6
Upson 7
Ward 7
Ince 8
Orlandi 6
Stephens 6
Rodriguez 6
March 7
Ulloa 5 good goal but otherwise poor. The guy we signed last season would've scored 4 today.

We were awful after a bright start.

**** me that's harsh on Ulloa! Scored one, one disallowed, some lovely touches and, as usual, thumped on a number of occasions.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Ward was my MOTM, brilliant getting forward, astounding crosses, and defended solidly....

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
**** me that's harsh on Ulloa! Scored one, one disallowed, some lovely touches and, as usual, thumped on a number of occasions.

You think he should be marked higher because he got thumped? I think he looks low on confidence and short of pace at the moment, perhaps he'll be boosted by the goal. Let's hope so, we need to be a lot better on Tuesday night.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Kuszczak 6.5 - I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the wind affected his distribution, otherwise just ok.
Bruno 7.5
Greer 4.5 - pretty bad (see below)
Upson 7
Ward 7.5
Stephens 7
Ince 7.5 - some passes/clearances seemed to lack direction
Orlandi 7
Rodriguez 7
Ulloa 6.5 - Didn't seem to have much confidence, first half kept coming out wide on the overlap but didn't have the pace to do much with it out there, well taken goal, the guy was completely knackered towards the end of the game.

Lualua 6.5 got in behind a couple of times but failed to get the ball out of his feet in time to do anything
Lopez 6.5
Obika Not on long enough

I thought doncaster were an effective defensive unit. They kept a disciplined high line, when we forced them back they crowded the area limiting our options. With more confidence, and in some cases a bit more familiarity, we will hopefully be better at picking out the passes. For me we had two problems today, one was Greer dropping back 5 yards deeper than anyone else allowing Doncaster in to dangerous areas, and allowing doncaster to get the ball in our area more than they should have been allowed. What made it worse was he was constantly telling everyone to push up the pitch and then when everyone had he would drop back again. Coupled with his poor distribution I would say he had a bad game.

The other problem was on the attack there was no vision, no one looking to see who was making the line beating run, so by the time it was spotted that, for example, Rodriguez was going to make a run in behind, he is already offside, so the ball is played back or across, or more often none of the players notice leading to frustrated fans. Because of the way Doncaster played, it was more important to see those options and pass it before they slip offside, on the few occasions they did, the pass was behind them of through their legs rather than in front of them, pushing them wide rather than setting them through on goal. We also need to have different players make different runs in the box, too oftne either they all go neat post, or all go in close for the cross the goal mouth ball and no one hangs back for the pull back.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here