Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Julian Speroni

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Apologies if fixtures, but I couldn't see mention anywhere of the scummers £3m purchase of Hennessy from Wolves, with Pulis today comparing him to Begovic (more than a little wishful thinking there I suspect). Seems an odd buy given that Speroni has always looked a good keeper to me (and you'd have thought palace would have needed to strengthen elsewhere more urgently). But given that he's now most likely a back up, on probably a reasonable wage and with TK expected by most to be gone in the summer, would you want him as our new no.1?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I expect TK to be offered a new deal, and for him to accept it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hear Speroni hasn't been playing as well as he can lately. A bit of competition may well cause an improvement.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
We need a decent no 2 keeper, I don't think Alexander is good enough, and Price is on his way I believe.
Speroni is out of contract soon, but I'd be amazed if he's not with us next season.
He's done well this season, and he seems to be coming for more crosses this season, which was a fault of his in previous seasons.
A really lovely fella, who has been a fine servant to the club.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm sure that if Speroni isn't Palace's number one next season he'll take it on the chin......oh....

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I expect TK to be offered a new contract.

So do I, but I'm not so sure he'll sign it. He'll be in a strong negotiating position out of contract and we don't seem to be "winning" many when it comes down to the packages we're offering vs a lot of other champ clubs. I'm not saying that's wrong, I support the club's efforts to live within our means, but I do think we'll be looking for another keeper in the summer unfortunately, hence starting to wonder who might be on our radar.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Apologies if fixtures, but I couldn't see mention anywhere of the scummers £3m purchase of Hennessy from Wolves, with Pulis today comparing him to Begovic (more than a little wishful thinking there I suspect). Seems an odd buy given that Speroni has always looked a good keeper to me (and you'd have thought palace would have needed to strengthen elsewhere more urgently). But given that he's now most likely a back up, on probably a reasonable wage and with TK expected by most to be gone in the summer, would you want him as our new no.1?

Where did you hear TK is off, its the first I have heard.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Where did you hear TK is off, its the first I have heard.

He's out of contract in the summer. So when Reading/Forest/QPR/relegated prem club inevitably offer TK more money in the summer and he decides to take the cash for probably the final contract of his career, would you be happy to keep Pete or Caspar? I fear we're going to need an alternative and there's not many good championship level keepers around in our price range...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here