Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Doncaster Rovers *** Official Match Thread ***

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
seagulls.jpg V donny.jpg

Brighton midfielders Keith Andrews and Jake Forster-Caskey are both struggling with hamstring problems.
Fellow midfielder Rohan Ince (foot) is fit, but winger Will Buckley and forwards Craig Mackail-Smith and Will Hoskins remain sidelined.
Doncaster midfielder Richie Wellens begins a two-match ban and will miss the trip.
Either Marc De Val Fernandez or Dean Furman will replace the Rovers captain, but Paul Keegan (thigh) is a doubt.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head
· Brighton won the earlier meeting this season 3-1 at the Keepmoat Stadium in November.
· Brighton are unbeaten in the last five meetings, winning three. Doncaster's last win was 2-0 at the Brighton's old Withdean Stadium in League One in April 2007.
· Brighton have lost only one of the 12 meetings at home in all competitions, winning the last two.

Brighton

· Brighton have won only one of their last five games in the Championship. Their only league win in 2014 was 1-0 against Birmingham at home on 11th January.
· Brighton have conceded only 25 league goals so far this season. Only QPR and Burnley have conceded fewer in the Championship.
· Brighton are unbeaten in their last five home games in all competitions, winning three.

Doncaster

· Doncaster have won two of their last four games, drawing the other two. They had failed to win any of their previous nine games in all competitions.
· Doncaster have not won any of their last 10 away games, losing seven. Their last win away from home was 1-0 at Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship in September.

Officials

Ref: GAVIN WARD
Assistants: Ian Fissenden and Constantine Hatzidakis
Fourth Official: Michael Bull

My prediction

3 - 0

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We've had him loads in recent years. He looks about 12 years old and sometimes struggles to stamp his authority on the game.

Have there been any notable games? Sendings off, demolitions, controversies, or is it just that he's been our ref so often?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Goalkeeping coach of Forest?

Nice, tidy intro. Prefer "v" rather than "vs", but it's not a dealbreaker. COYS.

I copy and pasted the title so i couldn't get flamed. But yes i agree it should be V.

The dilemma now is do i change it or leave it?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I copy and pasted the title so i couldn't get flamed. But yes i agree it should be V.

If you change it, then it shows you think you did it wrong. You have to pretend everything went perfect.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Have there been any notable games? Sendings off, demolitions, controversies, or is it just that he's been our ref so often?

Without wanting to tempt fate, I don't think so and I think we have a relatively good record when he's refereed our matches. I've cursed it now!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Never change such a small thing.

We're louse either way.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Our record with Gav

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Sa 02Mar 2013 Brighton 4 - 1 Huddersfield
ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Sa 26Nov 2011 Brighton 2 - 1 Coventry
ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Sa 27Aug 2011 Brighton 2 - 0 Peterborough
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Tu 28Sep 2010 Brighton 1 - 0 Brentford
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Tu 01Dec 2009 Brighton 0 - 2 Charlton
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Sa 05Sep 2009 Brighton 1 - 0 Wycombe
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Tu 17Mar 2009 Walsall 3 - 0 Brighton
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Sa 04Oct 2008 Brighton 3 - 3 Cheltenham
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Sa 26Apr 2008 Bristol R 0 - 2 Brighton

P9 W6 D1 L2 F15 A10 Pts19

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

If you change it, then it shows you think you did it wrong. You have to pretend everything went perfect.

You need to be slightly touchy about the fact that I even suggested a change, perhaps indicating that you won't bother next time , or possibly that I should do it myself if I'm that bothered. I'm feeling positive about today.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
if JFC and Andrews are not fit hopefully we will see a player with greater flair in central midfield .
Even Lopez would be better there than out wide but hopefully Orlandi or Augustien.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Our record with Gav

ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Sa 02Mar 2013 Brighton 4 - 1 Huddersfield
ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Sa 26Nov 2011 Brighton 2 - 1 Coventry
ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP Sa 27Aug 2011 Brighton 2 - 0 Peterborough
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Tu 28Sep 2010 Brighton 1 - 0 Brentford
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Tu 01Dec 2009 Brighton 0 - 2 Charlton
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Sa 05Sep 2009 Brighton 1 - 0 Wycombe
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Tu 17Mar 2009 Walsall 3 - 0 Brighton
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Sa 04Oct 2008 Brighton 3 - 3 Cheltenham
ENGLISH LEAGUE ONE Sa 26Apr 2008 Bristol R 0 - 2 Brighton

P9 W6 D1 L2 F15 A10 Pts19

Thanks for this post. Makes me even more optimistic. But then there's the weather...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here