Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Brighton v Doncaster - GAME ON

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I will be amazed if it isn't called off today......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A match will never be postponed at the Amex due to wet weather. (Fact)

But surely pi$$Ing it down in a 40mph wind will make the game unplayable.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
A match will never be postponed at the Amex due to wet weather. (Fact)

Not fact.

There was procedures in place for the Bournemouth game to be called off. The ref done 2 inspection and decided on the 3rd that it was playable.

The weather from the Southampton game was the monitor. We were gona have a Hugh down pour but luckily the wind blew the cloud out to sea so the game went ahead.

Fact.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Not fact.

There was procedures in place for the Bournemouth game to be called off. The ref done 2 inspection and decided on the 3rd that it was playable.

The weather from the Southampton game was the monitor. We were gona have a Hugh down pour but luckily the wind blew the cloud out to sea so the game went ahead.

Fact.

Eh?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I would guess if any if the surrounding infrastructure is impassable they will call it off. I.e access roads/ car parks flooded.

The Mithras & racecourse car parks should be ok. Bridge is on too much of a gradient to flood. Not sure about uni car parks.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not fact.

Fact.

The ref was going to call the Bournemouth game off before he'd even been on the pitch...

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
Not fact.

Fact.
I am sorry dadams but this is not and cannot be true.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If today is called off I would wager a large sum Tuesdays game is as well.

Larger crowd, evening game (lighting issues on access ways after the game). The weather is also set to get worse over the next 48 hours, and stick into mid week, before an improvement.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's a strong chance of light rain showers all day. Although a few sunny spells this morning
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654710
Also windy 30-40km per hour although that is mostly near Brighton coast not the Amex.

But the heaviest rain / wind is due tonight from about 7pm onwards.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If Crowborough is anything to go by this morning at 7am it's thunder ,lightning and absolutely hammering down !
and I mean hammering down.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Here's the football league procedures for calling a game off.
http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~3017067,00.html
Clubs are encouraged to do everything they can to get matches played and the unpredictability of the British weather may still lead to some matches being called off late in the day or even abandoned after they have begun. However, through the implementation of these procedures it is hoped that such cases can be kept to a minimum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here