Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is all this metrosexual grooming, well, just a tad gay?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I've just been to a do, and the younger chaps are all looking, how can I put it, a bit too well turned out ???

Coiffure, stubble, and even without the overt botty patting, it looked like they were melding in with the ladies...

I must be getting old :ohmy:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Best not to post after going to "a do". :cheers:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Real men just shave their heads. But they don't shave their faces.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes, all this tall about which moisturiser etc.on another thread surprised me.
I thought it was a wind up thread, then came to realise that it was a serious one.........bunch of pussies.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
it's because most now work in the service insdustry at a desk......so need to create a manly feel by managing their outward appearance to create "a look."

yep, it's totally gay.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Coiffure, stubble, and even without the overt botty patting, it looked like they were melding in with the ladies...
Where did you see stubble on the ladies? :blush:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Men have always been fashion conscious it's nothing new. Look at the teddy boys and MODs. How dolled up did they get but did anyone question their sexuality?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Someone asked me what grooming products is used.
"Facebook and Haribos"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As long as you don't go too far. Having to explain why you have hair straighteners in your manbag to the stewards at Withdean, for instance

Jan 30, 2008
I've just been to a do, and the younger chaps are all looking, how can I put it, a bit too well turned out ???

I must be getting old :ohmy:
it's a real wet behind the ears look, elasticated trousers, vests and slippers to boot , how are you going to survive in that flouncy get up:cheery:
regards
DR

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Amazed to see in Sainsbury's this morning a shaver for men, called "Cruzer", or something equally banal, billing itself as a product for shaving your body and "down there" (the packaging's words). Is this the norm these days? Must we put ourselves through what a large number of women now feel obliged to do?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Amazed to see in Sainsbury's this morning a shaver for men, called "Cruzer", or something equally banal, billing itself as a product for shaving your body and "down there" (the packaging's words). Is this the norm these days? Must we put ourselves through what a large number of women now feel obliged to do?

Sounds like you don't engage in a bit of personal "downstairs house-keeping"?
Woman who like their men hairy are in decline and are a minority - not sure on the views of gay partners - doubtless someone on here can enlighten us.

It's all about being "slim 'n' trim" ..... apparently .....

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Sounds like you don't engage in a bit of personal "downstairs house-keeping"?
Woman who like their men hairy are in decline and are a minority - not sure on the views of gay partners - doubtless someone on here can enlighten us.

It's all about being "slim 'n' trim" ..... apparently .....

We'll have to see if my wife presents me with a Cruzer on Valentine's Day. If it makes the world a happier, cleaner, more understanding place, I can't argue against it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here