Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new acadamy does anyone know?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
if they have started recruiting for staff,or will the amex staff cover?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yes in the inital planning,i missed the boat for the catering tender and wondered if and who has been awarded it,was it connected to the caterers at the amex

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
yes in the inital planning,i missed the boat for the catering tender and wondered if and who has been awarded it,was it connected to the caterers at the amex

Have you been four years inventing a new pie & then missed the deadline?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
just need to know who the caterers are going to be at the lancing complex

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm not sure if the recruitment has been started but it does beg the question.

With the team currently attracting crowds that are 90% of the stadiums capacity yet losing millions of pounds every year,how can we add the cost of running a state of the art training facility to the running costs of the club.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

With the team currently attracting crowds that are 90% of the stadiums capacity yet losing millions of pounds every year,how can we add the cost of running a state of the art training facility to the running costs of the club.

Presumably with the land brought, the academy paid for, then the need to to pay for training/facilities at Falmer Uni, Waterhole, Lewes etc, plus games at Lancing FC, Lancing College etc........then the investment, by a Chairman who is probably more financially astute than us, backs the club with his money......he probably has worked out that in the long term, the costs of having our own academy, will cut costs.....and hopefully reap the benefits.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Presumably with the land brought, the academy paid for, then the need to to pay for training/facilities at Falmer Uni, Waterhole, Lewes etc, plus games at Lancing FC, Lancing College etc........then the investment, by a Chairman who is probably more financially astute than us, backs the club with his money......he probably has worked out that in the long term, the costs of having our own academy, will cut costs.....and hopefully reap the benefits.

The academy has not been built to cut costs.

The academy is there to provide the best training & development facilities that money can buy.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
just need to know who the caterers are going to be at the lancing complex

I'm pretty certain it's Sodexo, same as the amex, I think they're the suppliers for anything Albion-ey for the next 4 years?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The academy has not been built to cut costs.

The academy is there to provide the best training & development facilities that money can buy.

It will cut costs as it will have been paid for by TB. The cost of using facilities for training at Falmer Uni, Waterhole, Lewes, plus matches at Lancing FC, Lancing College etc, will be set off with bringing all the squads to a paid for Academy, where they all can train and play matches, re Dev squad, U21's, U18's, U16's etc.
Thus saving money. The added bonus is that with state of the art Academy will attract better players, better training, profits from players brought/poached from our academy. Happens with most of the top clubs now.
Speculate to accumulate, good example......Southampton.
As a business man and BHA supporter, i think TB is looking to the future.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

The idea is that long-term these things pay for themselves when we produce world class players worth 10s of millions.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The idea is that long-term these things pay for themselves when we produce world class players worth 10s of millions.

Exactly. Coupled with getting all the squads together in one place, and not paying for pitches/facilities across Sussex. The facilities at Falmer Uni are not good enough and obviously cost.
It would have been easy for TB to have spent the 30m on players, or getting some of his investment back, but instead he has ploughed it into an Academy, thus the outlay is big with no immediate return for himself.
Our rewards will come in the future, as will his as a BHA supporter.
Patience.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Brighton & Hove Albion are currently developing a new training ground, designed to meet the needs of the club playing in the Championship, just one step away from top-flight Premier League football.

In addition to the needs of the first-team and under-21 squads, the club is also building an academy.

The new training ground is located at New Monks Farm in Lancing. The A27 runs to the north of the site and links the training ground to the American Express Community Stadium, being approximately 20 minutes’ drive away to the east.

The development will provide a significant economic investment into the local area and is scheduled to open in June 2014 and the club is seeking expressions of interest from companies wishing to tender for the provision of a range of services as detailed below:

• Security staff

• Cleaning staff

• Fire fighting equipment

• Pest control services

• Cleaning materials supplier

• Radio communications equipment

• Clinical waste

Expressions of interest needed to be submitted by the 22nd January 2014 companies including my company that have not been selected have been informed leaving a short list which I assume will be asked to tender

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It will cut costs as it will have been paid for by TB. The cost of using facilities for training at Falmer Uni, Waterhole, Lewes, plus matches at Lancing FC, Lancing College etc, will be set off with bringing all the squads to a paid for Academy, where they all can train and play matches, re Dev squad, U21's, U18's, U16's etc.
Thus saving money. The added bonus is that with state of the art Academy will attract better players, better training, profits from players brought/poached from our academy. Happens with most of the top clubs now.
Speculate to accumulate, good example......Southampton.
As a business man and BHA supporter, i think TB is looking to the future.

This is not going to cut costs. What it should do is protect our investment in young players. The new compensation rules, for premiership clubs poaching young players are heavily biased against clubs, who do not meet all the criteria for a top academy. It looks like Crawley for example are giving up, as it will just not be cost effective for them, to run any academy, without massive investment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here