Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brazil World Cup

salazar

Jun 15, 2008
Haywards Heath
Cannot say I am feeling comfortable about watching the World Cup when it would seem that the Brazilian government put football before the welfare of its own people.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It will be spectacular, I can't wait.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't get it, HUNDREDS have died in Qatar if you want something to get upset about.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon

I take it you are not going to watch any of the Winter olympics in Russia, and that you did not watch any of the Olympics in China a few years ago. Exactly the same scenario. It happens everywhere, and always will unfortunately. I heard that Russia have spent £30 billion on the winter games, more than every other winter olympics put together - crazy money.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is a sad fact of life I'm afraid. For anything like this there is a downside. The World Cup in South Africa took place against the backdrop of extreme poverty too. Not many Quatari's are too worried about he workers slaving away to build all the infrastructure for the 2022 World Cup either. It's a crap world for nearly everyone.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Cannot say I am feeling comfortable about watching the World Cup when it would seem that the Brazilian government put football before the welfare of its own people.

I get fed up with our Government looking after every country than its own.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I do agree after seeing how people keep getting killed constructing the stadia, it's going to be in the back of my mind when i watch it.

How many people died in construction of the Amex? How hard is it to build a bloody stadium safely?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
It will be spectacular, I can't wait.

I'm not so sure it will. The protests from the people could be very serious for this one and some stadia may not be ready this time. I hope not but there is a real possibility this could go tits up.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I find it odd that we think football is more important than people.

Have you forgotten that rio will host the 2016 Olympics.

The people of brazil live & breathe football but I don't think the same can be said of the Olympic games.

So maybe your football over people rant should be a little more widespread.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing

I think you will find most Brazilians put football above their own welfare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here