Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Palace fans referred to.......

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
As Nigel's on this forum?
I've noticed this term used many times,over the past couple of years that I have viewed....but don't understand it.
Is it something to do with Nigel Martin?Thats my only guess.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Charlton, Millwall and other clubs' fans also call them Nigels. It's after a character called Nigel in Eastenders who was (a) a nerd and (b) mentioned being a Palace fan on the soap.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Started by those lovable rouges from Bermondsey, who's collective brain cells came up with the name Nigel, in reference to a stereotypical geeky Palace fan from Surrey.
Charlton picked up on it, and now it's ironically used by the weeds, a club with the most middle class fans in England.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Started by those lovable rouges from Bermondsey, who's collective brain cells came up with the name Nigel, in reference to a stereotypical geeky Palace fan from Surrey.
Charlton picked up on it, and now it's ironically used by the weeds, a club with the most middle class fans in England.

:tosser: What about all the plastic fans at Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City etc. who clearly have more middle and upper class, 1 game a season "fans", and you would need more money to live in Croydon than it is where I'm from, face it football is for working-class fans despite Sky and the premier league trying to sterilise football, was it middle-class fans who watched us play at withdean?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Who you calling middle class you facking mug!
Did you make this up?

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Who you calling middle class you facking mug!
Did you make this up?

I love how they also call us "weeds", let's face it their not any 'harder' than brighton fans, but because some of them wear all black and scarves over their mouths they think that they're some kind of firm

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
To be fair, I know many middle class fans who went to Withdean. Although the palace chap was probably only motivated by jealousy in his comment.

I know their was obviously middle-class fans, there is at every club, but my point is we aren't anywhere near having the most middle-class fans, it seems that [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] thinks you're middle class if you don't burn your own town

Dandyman

In London village.

I am a member of the aristocracy, you frightful little oik.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I know their was obviously middle-class fans, there is at every club, but my point is we aren't anywhere near having the most middle-class fans, it seems that [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] thinks you're middle class if you don't burn your own town

I think you're middle class if you live in a house :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here