Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bren-l229-1346330_478x359.jpg

Dickenson has scored in the under-21s' last two league fixtures

PUBLISHED
16:09 7th February 2014
by Adam Tighe
The scouting team and myself cover their development closely and we are in regularly in contact with the players"
Simon Ireland
Under-21 forward Brennan Dickenson has joined Northampton Town on loan until the end of the season.The pacey striker, who scored in Albion’s 3-2 win over Crystal Palace on Monday, joins the Cobblers with the club embroiled in a relegation battle, currently sitting bottom of the Football League.
Coach Simon Ireland says the move is a reward for the player’s impressive form, telling seagulls.co.uk, “Brennan’s managed to get himself out on loan which is good for his development and has come off the back of consistent performances for the under-21s.
“This is another good chance for one of our younger players from the under-18s to step up.
"We already have a number of regular starters from the under-18s and we are still competing and performing well. That was evident against Crystal Palace the other day in a high energy encounter in front of a good crowd; the younger lads have stepped in and contributed.”
goodwin-l229-1287028.jpg

Goodwin playing for the under-21s earlier this season
Meanwhile Shamir Goodwin has extended his loan deal with Torquay United after impressing with the Gulls.
“I have watched Sham a couple of times and I have been impressed by how he has taken his form with us into his games with Torquay," Ireland added.
“You can see he is growing in his new environment but in truth I have seen a change in Sham’s attitude since the start of the season.
“Young players don’t know their strengths and weaknesses, and the key to any good player is knowing what you are particularly strong at and what needs working on.
“Sham didn’t probably know his potential but through sheer hard work and application he has pushed on and has maybe even surprised himself, but we knew what he was capable of."
Ireland added that the club is constantly monitoring its loan players saying, “What is particularly important is that when any of our players go out on loan they are not forgotten by us, not at all. The scouting team and myself cover their development closely and we are in regularly in contact with the players.”
Albion v Doncaster at the Amex on Saturday, 3pm kick off. Tickets available online, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here