Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hmm just been laid off. What to do??? (Serious question)

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
As the title suggests. I've found myself redundant today. Yes I'm not happy but what can I do? What do you people suggest? as I really don't want to end up on the rock and roll. I need something to keep myself busy. Any idea's on where to turn as last time I checked It took me long enough to find this job :down: or If anyone has anything going In the Brighton/Eastbourne/Hastings area could you please let me know. Thanks

Help please.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
if you cannot find some paid work maybe try volunteering for a while. Can learn new skills and bulks out the CV

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Happened to me a fortnight ago, I got on it straight away, registered with a few agencies and found a job within 4 days (that was actually better paid and with better working hours too!). Things ARE picking up, and there are jobs out there. I went into looking prepared to take anything on and came out well. As it turned out I've effectively just had a weeks paid holiday, and will for the next two months receive two paydays on the same day!!!

Just keep going mate, I wish you the best of luck

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
As the title suggests. I've found myself redundant today. Yes I'm not happy but what can I do? What do you people suggest? as I really don't want to end up on the rock and roll. I need something to keep myself busy. Any idea's on where to turn as last time I checked It took me long enough to find this job :down: or If anyone has anything going In the Brighton/Eastbourne/Hastings area could you please let me know. Thanks

Help please.

Join a circus, they are always looking for midgets?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What do (or, perhaps more accurately, did) you do?

Jan 30, 2008
Happened to me a fortnight ago, I got on it straight away, registered with a few agencies and found a job within 4 days (that was actually better paid and with better working hours too!). Things ARE picking up, and there are jobs out there. I went into looking prepared to take anything on and came out well. As it turned out I've effectively just had a weeks paid holiday, and will for the next two months receive two paydays on the same day!!!

Just keep going mate, I wish you the best of luck
are you happy with the job , people jumping straight into another job sometimes regret it a few months down the line???
regards
DR

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
are you happy with the job , people jumping straight into another job sometimes regret it a few months down the line???
regards
DR

No idea, I start on Monday!!!! A jobs a job as far as I'm concerned, I need the money, so I'm prepared to do most things.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd still sign on straight away. It takes them ages to get their arses in gear and if you don't find any work quickly then why shouldn't you claim back some of what you've paid in?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd definitely get signed on ASAP. Took them 6 weeks to process my missus, and no back pay..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Don't take this the wrong way, but now is probably a better time to be out of work. What i mean is that between 2007 and 2013 we have been in a recession, but now the situation seems to be improving, so you have a better chance of finding employment.
Good advice from posters, sign on immediately, even if that seems alien, because if you do not, then come the end of the tax year the taxman will want to know where your income has come from even if you have been living on savings. In other words, even though you may not receive a penny benefits (i did not) you will have proof via a P45 from the job centre the time you were unemployed.
Try for jobs that you would enjoy/like to do/suits your skills.....if you have no luck, then try for alternative jobs. Remember you have 13 weeks to find jobs in your own field/qualifications, before you have to look for other avenues.
Good luck....i'm sure you will come up trumps.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That's rough. But get looking right now, don't allow yourself to wallow and treat looking for work like a job. There's a lot of options out there right now. Good luck in your hunt.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Sorry to hear that, and good luck in your job search.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
A jobs a job as far as I'm concerned, I need the money, so I'm prepared to do most things.

Don't you just hate corporate and central banking led capitalism when you see posts like this?

Some don't need a boss....think of an idea, buy and sell online, create a service and sell it.....with the internet now, there is far less need "to find a job with a boss."

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Job vacancies are at a 15 year high, don't ever sign on it's a complete admission of defeat and will deaden your drive for getting a job.
If you write just 100 words on here about your skills & requirements you may even get lucky (or advice)

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
When one door closes another door opens! Good luck!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here