We are the Falmer WANTERS!!!

Marvellous

Not forgetting the loudhailer

41wq.jpg

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I cant believe it either. Leon Knight must be standing on a box.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great day out and that song still makes me chuckle. I went with the mrs and she wasn't best pleased at having to stay around in the cold after the game had finished.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Bloody hell, time has flown.

Still remember the passing of the megaphone around the away end followed by 'It's over there, it's over there' with the stewards absolutely clueless. Good memories, in a weird kind of way.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There was a sort of awkward anticipation in the run up to the final line of the song Hiney mentioned. Everyone sung along as normal but as we got to the end you could almost hear people thinking "wait...this isn't going to work", followed by people bursting out laughing after the final "WANTERS" :lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There was a sort of awkward anticipation in the run up to the final line of the song Hiney mentioned. Everyone sung along as normal but as we got to the end you could almost hear people thinking "wait...this isn't going to work", followed by people bursting out laughing after the final "WANTERS" :lolol:

That's exactly what we were thinking too :)

Should have spawned the chant "we're just a bunch of wanters"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

"The referee's a wanter" too.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

That was just genius, one of my favourite chants of all time, it still raises a smile. A great day, but extremely desperate times.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

When Prescott announced Falmer, one pub song did go...

We got Falmer, and we got Falmer
We are the Falmer... gotters

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That's me directly in front of the loud hailer, with the bobble hat on and still with my hand knitted scarf my auntie made me. I still mourn it's loss, in a cab in Luton, for that JPT debacle. :cry:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Amazing scenes and memories.... which reminds me that on 14 February it will be exactly 10 years since we delivered the Valentines' Card to Prescott at his Hull constituency office and then stood in freezing rain to watch us lose at Grimsby!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here