Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains at a standstill at Gatwick

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Much gnashing of teeth at Balham presumbly due this East Nigeldon problem.

They had to open platform 3. Shock !

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Something between East Nigeldon and Victoria I just heard on the radio.

:lolol:

I was most impressed this morning, my London Bridge departed late and arrived ON TIME, yes you heard me right it was ON TIME. They did cancel a London Victoria train for our cause but it was a worthy sacrifice.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
All trains north cancelled until further notice. They're arranging bus replacement by the sounds of it. Sod that. I'm going hime

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Train being cancelled from Clapham Junction going down too. Has a huge hole opened up and swallowed Croydon ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Southern site - All lines blocked at Gatwick - A train has come to a stand at Gatwick Airport and has blocked all lines. Services will be subject to severe delays, alterations and cancellations. 60 minutes delays will occur.

Christ knows how they've managed that. Did it stop across a set of points or something? Glad I'm WFH.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Broken down train at Gatwick, delays of at least 60 mins

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Once again, a joke. Feel quite fortunate to have actually made it into work reading the above.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bollox, hopefully sorted out for rush hour home. Just approaching Coventry so glad I missed all that.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Southern site - All lines blocked at Gatwick - A train has come to a stand at Gatwick Airport and has blocked all lines. Services will be subject to severe delays, alterations and cancellations. 60 minutes delays will occur.

Christ knows how they've managed that. Did it stop across a set of points or something? Glad I'm WFH.

I assume it managed to turn 90 degrees across the tracks.

Is it one of the steam powered FCC ones? Or a Gatwick Express one with a broken DOOR?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I assume it managed to turn 90 degrees across the tracks.

Is it one of the steam powered FCC ones? Or a Gatwick Express one with a broken DOOR?

My money would be on the Gatwick Express as mine was cancelled this morning. Utterly useless rolling stock.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I don't normally get the train but have a work night out. Lovely timing! So far I've made it from Hove to Preston Park!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My money would be on the Gatwick Express as mine was cancelled this morning. Utterly useless rolling stock.

Do you catch the 07.29 from Brighton? It turned into my London Bridge train so I was most pleased with that :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here