Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sochi 2014 ****Official Winter Olympics thread****

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
So we've talked about the huge issues and the politics surrounding the games, now let the sport begin.
What are your highs and lows, the events your looking forward to, or even your sexy games pin ups, bung em all in here.
Today In the opening day of qualification, Britain's Jamie Nicholls produced some fantastic stuff to qualify for the exciting slopestyle finals.
I'm particularly looking forward to the hockey and being part Canadian, I'm looking forward to the cunnucks smashing U.S.A & Russia (hopefully)

Oh and meet Britain's biggest hopes for bringing home more medals from a Winter Olympics than ever before.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/24728307

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The slopestyle has been relatively farcical so far, with the judges awarding more points for flat spins rather than inverted corks. Also punishing 1 hand down more than 2 hands? Makes no sense at all. Good to watch though.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Looking forward to see Team Canada in the Hockey. Not really that bothered about too much else, maybe the bobsleigh / skeleton / luge.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
looking forward to the following:

Slopestyle (ski & snowboard)
Skicross and Snowboardcross
Ice Hockey (Go Sweden!)

Will happily watch almost all of the rest, minus the figure skating and the curling

much prefer the winter olympics to the olympic games - the events are so much more exciting

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Aye, she's a pretty little thing.

(wink wink)

tegu8a2e.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure if I can find any enthusiasm for the Winter Olympics apart from the rock sliding. Most events determine the winner as being the person who can stand up for the longest on an icy slope. something we traditionally, are not very good at. We might do well in the Wheeless Skateboard events but other than that it's boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here