Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 Up Front

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
On the Seagulls website, there is an article about Rodriguez wanting a strike partnership with Ulloa.

Now, I may be doing 2 + 2 = 5, but why would they put that on the website if there wasn't anything in it? ???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Oscar to Swansea may be the only chance of 2 up front

Yes please then.:) There is not much indication that playing one up front is working. I hope that OG has the common sense and perception to see this.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I still don't think playing 1 up front at home shows any attacking flair! :facepalm:
4 - 4 - 2 all day for me at home. I know we have an abundance of midfielders. I thought we should have kept El-Abd, and tried Dunk or Ince as an improvised centre forward. One of our best conversions was when Adam Virgo changed his position, and that worked stonkingly well :albion2:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
On the Seagulls website, there is an article about Rodriguez wanting a strike partnership with Ulloa.

Now, I may be doing 2 + 2 = 5, but why would they put that on the website if there wasn't anything in it? ???

I saw this

we can only live in hope

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can sort of play 433 incorporating a front 2. Isn't symmetrical but that's fine.

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Every time we sign a striker they give an interview saying how much they are looking forward to partnering .........
Ulloa to partner CMS. Voles to partner CMS. Barnes & Ulloa. Gus & Oscar only play one way and that does not invoke a from two.
Have to say we looked poor at WAtford after they scored but the amount if moaning does beef at belief, do people really think that moaning at players makes them perform better?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I despair at people calling for 442. That formation is dead, you may as well call for the WM or 235. Man City are the only top club that play anything even approaching a 442, and they can only do it because Yaya Toure is athletic enough to get up and down and dominate midfield both defensively and in attack.

Here's a list to make my point:

Arsenal 451
Chelsea 451
Liverpool 451 (Sturridge or Suarez rotate in to the wide role)
Real Madrid 433
Barcelona 460
Bayern Munich 451
Dortmund 451

Feel free to argue that one one of the wide players should be getting closer to Ulloa or that the wide players should be staying wider, or my personal opinion that the number 10 needs to be more attacking in our side. Just don't go on about 442 with two wingers, we would get destroyed week in week out, concede the middle of midfield in modern football and you have no chance, it is that simple.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I am sure we will see 4 - 4 - 2 at some point. Oscar is hardly going to advertise the fact. We live in hope.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
it IS 4-3-3 if you play Lua Lua and Buckley. It is NOT 4-3-3 with SD and Orlandi, that is one up front!.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
A very fine line between 4-3-3 and 4-5-1, the way we play it more than often it becomes the later with the front man being isolated.

Maybe I am a dinosaur but at the very least we should play two upfront at home, the current formation does work away from home but we appear to struggle to break sides down at The Amex.

You can look at Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona but they have the quality players to keep the ball and play, sadly we don't, to my way of thinking you should only compare to other sides in our division and the sides who get promoted traditionally score the most number of goals.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I've thought about a 4-3-1-2 with Orlandi/Kemy operating as the CAM however this would mean dropping Buckley and Lualua so it's a non-starter

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I reckon we will see a front 3 of Rodders, Ulloa and Lua Lua tomorrow, with Ince, Andrews and Orlandi in Midfield. Think of Rodders taking Barnes' place so operating out on the left when defending then joining up with Ulloa when attacking. Anyway that's what I would like to see!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here