Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Characterize / stereotype the AMEX support, stand by stand.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At the Goldstone it was always cigars, flasks and sheepskin coats in the West Stand, singers and wannabe hoolis in the North, touchline experts and kids kicking coke cans in the East and I'm not really sure about the South stand and the West terrace as those are two parts of the Goldstone I never watched from.

What are the stereotypes that make up the AMEX?

West Lower
West Middle
West upper

North

East Lower
East Upper

South

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
At the Goldstone it was always cigars, flasks and sheepskin coats in the West Stand, singers and wannabe hoolis in the North, touchline experts and kids kicking coke cans in the East and I'm not really sure about the South stand and the West terrace as those are two parts of the Goldstone I never watched from.

West Lower
West Middle
West upper

North

East Lower
East Upper

South

I emphasise that these are not necessarily my opinions, but stereotypes:

West Lower - West Stand from the Goldstone types
West Middle - Estate Agents
West upper - Regular Withdean crowd / older Goldstone north stand people

North - Rowdy yoofs

East Lower - Kids
East Upper - JCLs

South - Mostly pay-by match people (all sorts)

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

North - Rowdy yoofs

East Lower - Kids
East Upper - JCLs

East Upper down near the front - North End ----- SIX pissed manic depressives this year.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Excellent. Stereotypes are exactly what we're after here. The more sweeping the generalisation the better!

I think 1901 should also be added into the mix, perhaps under the category "Fools and their money..."

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

North - Rowdy yoofs

East Lower - Kids
East Upper - JCLs

WSU spot on apart from .............unfit and probably drink a couple too many on match days.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

West Lower
West Middle
West upper

North

East Lower
East Upper

South

West Lower .- More genteel than me, aloof, bit dull.
West Middle - 1901, some good some bad.
West Upper - Normos, ex Goldstone north stand

North - Mixture of chav, wannabee's, and died in the wool types.

East Lower - Families
East Upper - JCL's

Southwest - Non STH's, and a few old skool.

Just moved back from WSL to WSU, enjoy the occasional foray into Southwest.

D

Deleted member 18477

North stand... Pwopa naughty casuals and rowdy yobs.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
JCL in ESU? I have been watching the Albion for 35 years and I sit in the ESU. feel sad and unloved now :(

:lolol: I've sat in the ESL once and I found it gives you an impressive view of the West Stand and is a good place to sit if it helps. It has been said that visually the West Stand is Premiership class, the East Stand is Championship class and the North & South are League One.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Im not sure about the other stands but the North Stand has a lot of 50 year olds in there whos love affair with the goldstone North Stand just carried over into the Amex , Sadly most of them have outgrown the trendy jumpers they wore in the 80s and it kind of resembles a down and outs reunion on the concourse .

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
:lolol: I've sat in the ESL once and I found it gives you an impressive view of the West Stand and is a good place to sit if it helps. It has been said that visually the West Stand is Premiership class, the East Stand is Championship class and the North & South are League One.
ESU are the best seats in the stadium for that reason. I started in the ESL and moved to the "Upper Library" when it opened. I had always decided that to face our magnificent west stand was the place to be. I stood on the East terrace at the Goldstone so I suppose I am an East side boy through and through!!

ESU are the best seats in the stadium for that reason. I started in the ESL and moved to the "Upper Library" when it opened. I had always decided that to face our magnificent west stand was the place to be. I stood on the East terrace at the Goldstone so I suppose I am an East side boy through and through!!

Great view,great back drop,best seats in the house and just a few steps away!:wink: THE BALMER SHELF IS THE PLACE TO BE:hilton:

Jan 30, 2008
sat there and had a good look around the stadium and from what i can see east stand upper dead as morgue, east stand lower tend to get a bit excited towards the north and south ends,SOUTH STAND USED TO HAVE SOME YOUNG LADS AT THE BACK WHO USED TO GIVE IT SOME BUT HAVE BEEN SANITISED AND TOLD TO SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN, NORTH STAND usual shirters in the middle with a mix around them AS FOR THE WEST STAND UPPER COULD HEAR THEM SINGING IN THE south end of the stand, west stand lower A LOT of dullards with a mix of old school thrown in
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here