Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We could have sold seven players in the transfer window"

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So says David Burke in the Argus: "They look at us all the time, they look at the way we play. They want to strengthen their squads and if we were a selling club we could have sold seven players, easily, and probably been in profit".

We sold three (Bridcutt, Barnes, El Abd). Who were the other four? Buckley for sure. But the others? Kuszczack? Ulloa?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I guess most Championship clubs could match that and quite a few could beat it. You'd have to be quite a crap club not receive interest and offers for players. Nothing story imo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They'll all be gone in the summer.

I hear the stadium may be dismantled and relocated too, a number of clubs are interested. Back to Withdean for the plummeting Seagulls I fear.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I hear the stadium may be dismantled and relocated too, a number of clubs are interested. Back to Withdean for the plummeting Seagulls I fear.

I didn't hear that but heard that 22,000 season ticket holders will be sitting in their seats watching the grass grow then watching the groundsman cutting it the following week.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I didn't hear that but heard that 22,000 season ticket holders will be sitting in their seats watching the grass grow then watching the groundsman cutting it the following week.

No they wont, we will be Away the following week

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So says David Burke in the Argus: "They look at us all the time, they look at the way we play. They want to strengthen their squads and if we were a selling club we could have sold seven players, easily, and probably been in profit".

We sold three (Bridcutt, Barnes, El Abd). Who were the other four? Buckley for sure. But the others? Kuszczack? Ulloa?

This says that, beyond those three mentioned, two were Buckley and Top Kat:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/05/brighton-losses-increase-premier-league

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Kuszczak, Buckley, and a Championship club enquired about March. Also Peterborough tried for CMS on loan which may be the fourth, even if it wasn't a transfer bid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuszczak, Buckley, and a Championship club enquired about March. Also Peterborough tried for CMS on loan which may be the fourth, even if it wasn't a transfer bid.

Apparently someone on Nsc boasted that they started the rumour about Posh wanting CMS on loan.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Best player so far this season, Croft, he must have been looked at by someone until his injury

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here